• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mad Max - Fury Road

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Looks wicked!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw[/youtube]

Mad Max is my hero (Thunder Dome not so much). I'm breathless with anticipation. (Jeremy Renner will make a great MM)

Rope

*EDIT*
Sorry, looks to be Tom Hardy not Jeremy Renner.

F ing Hollywood. Rebooting not very good crap to begin with. I am sick of comic super hero's, Large Lizards apes and zombies.

If we are gonna reboot why not start rebooting some old westerns.

tom hardy as mad max, very interesting and it looks good, thank you for sharing!

Srvy said:
F ing Hollywood. Rebooting not very good crap to begin with. I am sick of comic super hero's, Large Lizards apes and zombies.

You mean like True Grit? :teasing-neener:

I've always felt the Mad Max series deserved a good remake with better script writers and filming technique, not to mention better editing and sound. The storyline and concept was brilliant and pretty much made the post apocalyptic chaos genre. It all started with "A boy and his dog," which did not do that well. But Mad Max proved it could be a popular and profitable genre. From them we got Max Headroom, Postman, Water World, Tank Girl, Book of Eli, and many other great movies (many of which were not popular with critics, but the fans like me loved them).

I am extremely eager to see these stories done right, even if they steal from the original more than some would like.

walls said:
Srvy said:

No
like some the Clint Eastwood flicks.

walls said:
Srvy said:

Or Wyatt Earp ... or Tombstone ... or 3:10 to Yuma ... or The Lone Ranger

Towen7 said:
walls said:
Srvy said:

:handgestures-thumbup:

Towen7 said:
walls said:
Srvy said:

Those were like 20 years ago.

High Noon. Good the bad the ugly, Outlaw Josey Wales, Gunfight at the OK Corral, many many more.

I know there is a big fan base of comic book readers I get that. But really how many versions of Batman have we seen recently. There is hope Ben Afflack should kill any interest that was left with his acting.

As for the Lone Ranger give me a break the second johhny dip shit was casted I know it was gonna be a flaming turd.

I fail to see how Hollywood studios aren't adapting to the market like any other business. As long as viewers go to see these movies, the studios will oblige and take their money. That goes for the crappy films as well. Take the Transformers franchise for instance. Really, what does one person care whether a certain kind of movie continues to be made, or not. A person can choose to not see it. I have nothing against westerns, it's not the genre that I get hyped about but a good movie, is a good movie, is a good movie. And since when does an actor being in a movie guarantee that the finished product will be garbage? As if the director, screenwriter and studio has nothing to do with it. Sure actors develop a critical track record but EVERY actor in Hollywood has been in a shit movie. That doesn't mean that everything they're in will be shit. The overwhelmingly popular model for most studios right now are to develop franchises, when they catch on they generate billions. Mad Max is no different, I'm sure in regards to the studio's hopes. It may be a colossal failure, but what the fuck do I care if people go see it, or not?

Okay... you are correct for the general concept of post-apocalypse film. I meant the modern style of the flawed lone principled wanderer dealing with evil warlords or other innocents just trying to get by.

After watching the trailer, I'm in. I haven't seen the original Mad Max film since I was a kid. The Road Warrior I've caught a few times. That one they replay here and there through the years. Always loved the Road Warrior.

Wasn't Mad Max Mel Gibson? Maybe even like his first acting role?

Seems like a I remember a fat bad guy with a pus gut who wasn't very scary at all. Maybe it was another movie I dunnow these thing's all run together.

From Wikipedia:

Mad Max is a 1979 Australian dystopian action film directed by George Miller, written by Miller and Byron Kennedy over the original script by James McCausland, starring Mel Gibson.

It became a top-grossing Australian film, holding the Guinness record for most profitable film for decades and has been credited for further opening up the global market to Australian New Wave films. It was also the first Australian film to be shot with a widescreen anamorphic lens.[4] The first film in the series, Mad Max spawned sequels Mad Max 2 (a.k.a. The Road Warrior) in 1981 and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome in 1985. A fourth installment, Mad Max: Fury Road starring Tom Hardy as Max, is scheduled to screen in May 2015.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,236
I think Mel's first major film was Mutiny on the Bounty, or something like that, with Anthony Hopkins.

I've seen all of the movies probably at least once, but not a big fan, so I'll probably catch this if and when it comes to Netflix.

Srvy said:
Wasn't Mad Max Mel Gibson? Maybe even like his first acting role?
cough... IMDB cough...
Seems like a I remember a fat bad guy with a pus gut who wasn't very scary at all. Maybe it was another movie I dunnow these thing's all run together.
cough... Youtube cough...

:eusa-whistle:

Eh, I don't know. I may watching the other three to see if I'm interested in this one. I'm not too crazy about Thunderdome but I'll watch it to stay within the story. I haven't seen those movies in years, probably since Thunderdome's release so the story is pretty much "new again" in my mind.

Back