• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Magnets - They Do Everything

mzpro5

Famous
While driving on Saturday I was listening to the Car Guys on the radio. some guy called asking about all the additives available that are supposed to increase gas mileage. This got tom and Ray going on all the gimmicks out there that are supposed to help with the mileage.

My ears pricked up when they said there is some company pushing magnets that you are supposed to put on your fuel line to increase the mileage. Supposedly they align the electrons in the gas allowing a better and more even flow thus saving you gas.

And I thought to myself - "Where have I heard that before?"

Didn't The Mythbusters test that on one of their episodes? I don't think it went well.

Whenever I fill up with gas, I slip my magnetic bracelet off and stick the gas hose thru it so the electrons are all pre-aligned. My arthritis sure flares up during the fill-up, though.

Botch said:
Whenever I fill up with gas, I slip my magnetic bracelet off and stick the gas hose thru it so the electrons are all pre-aligned. My arthritis sure flares up during the fill-up, though.

:laughing-rolling:

mzpro5 said:
Botch said:

:laughing-rolling:

LMAO! :text-lol:

I had a buddy of mine years ago trying to push that crap on me.

I crack up at those commercials where people are lead to believe that those magnetic bracelets make them a more balanced person. I can't remember the name (i.....?), but they always showed a guy/gal getting knocked off balance at first (without the bracelet of course), then the same stunt is repeated but with the bracelet on. This time, they "miraculously" don't stumble. :laughing:

Yesfan70 said:
I crack up at those commercials where people are lead to believe that those magnetic bracelets make them a more balanced person. I can't remember the name (i.....?), but they always showed a guy/gal getting knocked off balance at first (without the bracelet of course), then the same stunt is repeated but with the bracelet on. This time, they "miraculously" don't stumble. :laughing:

I need one of those for when I drink.

Back