• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Man of Steel!!

There's a lineup of upcoming projects. I'll try and track it down.

Copied from Batman-on-film.com:

According to Nikki Finke from NIKKIFINKE.COM, Warner Bros./DC Entertainment will announce the following film projects next month at Comic Con International San Diego...

May 2016 – BATMAN v SUPERMAN
July 2016 – SHAZAM!
Xmas 2016 – SANDMAN
May 2017 – JUSTICE LEAGUE
July 2017 – WONDER WOMAN
Xmas 2017 – The Flash/Green Lantern team-up film
May 2018 – MAN OF STEEL 2

Here's an excerpt from the report...

"Like Marvel’s THE AVENGERS, there will be cameos of superheroes for future installments. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash. Green Lantern [not played by Ryan Reynolds] may be introduced. And Aquaman will be seen in the Justice League movie. Problem is, Warner Bros Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn’t want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months. Seemingly simple reason, but the implications are pretty darn huge."

Thanks for finding the lineup of future movies, Chris. I was trying to think of any moments of levity in the Superman movie, and had forgotten about the semi truck. That was funny. I guess maybe it's part nostalgia, but I still like Christopher Reeve as Superman, but I also saw that movie with my dad when I was in fifth grade, and that alone is a good memory. Also, where was the music? I believe John Williams did the score for the first one, and too me, a movie should have a good soundtrack, or at least a memorable opening sequence.

Hans Zimmer composed the score for MoS. My suspicion is that they weren't going to even try to compete with or outdo the '78 Williams score. Just produce something that propelled the story forward akin to TDK Trilogy which Zimmer also scored. For me the score was much more of a highlight than MoS itself....oh well difference of opinion makes the world go 'round. Wouldn't be a whole lot to discuss otherwise.

I like the relative lack of humor in the DCU movies. If the goal is to create a sense of "this could really happen" you can't have the characters wise-cracking while the city/planet is being destroyed (MOS) or while there are murderous criminals undermining an entire society (TDK). I think such humor would act to diminish my suspension of disbelief.

I guess I'll have to check out the music, but I just don't remember it being memorable like Williams was. As far as the humor goes, I can understand not making wisecracks while the city is getting destroyed, but like in life, there should be moments of humor. Like in X-Men First Class when they tried to recruit Wolverine early on, and they got a Fuck You without even getting a word out. That was funny.

Shazam! (or captain marvel)... thats awesome!

Thank you very much for doing the legwork on that bats...

my eighth favorite superhero... :happy-smileygiantred:

2012-01-30-shazam.jpg

(batman, lobo, wolverine, havok, dredd, hulk, flash...)

was looking for the picture, but saw this article... :(

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/shazam-f ... l-success/

anyways, i hope that they can do something similar to kingdom come.

Jomari I'm not sure if that linked article is legit or not. The info I copied from Batman-on-Film doesn't date back to last December. In fact it's from June 13. It's speculated that "The Rock" may be involved with the Shazam project...I expect a lot of rumors to be officially confirmed or denied at the SDCC in July.

thats the thing, unless its concrete legit sources, we never can tell...

oh well, im glad tho they tried to consider it.

thanks again for the dates and stuff. appreciate it. :text-bravo:

Back