• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mancave

Deacon said:
Doghart said:
This looks really nice Deacon! Be proud!

How do you like the BA bookshelves all the way around? Would you recommend?

D

Yes, yes I would!

Nice, I've been looking into doing something a little different in my main viewing area (not my HT), I'll look into these. They look nice!

D

Very nice. I remember when you still had that huge Mitsubishi RPTV.

I've still got a copy of that Mr Bungle album if you decide you need some new demo material................ ;)

Deacon said:
Flint said:
Oooo.... Lovely!

You have an amazing opportunity to install very affordable and simple bass traps in empty space behind that "window wall". Let me know if you want ideas on how to accomplish that.

That is the last thing I need to do. My initial thoughts on this so far...

You can see the panels (blue) that are just currently leaning against the walls. There are 2 behind the mains and on the sides of the 'window wall'. I am going to put a frame around them and wrap them in brown fabric.
I was going to hang them in the spots where they are leaning just above the 'stage floor'.

I was going to put up corner bass traps right above the sub and in the back corner of the room above the fish tank using that foam that I asked you about earlier.

It will look like this:

block_gram.jpg

That approach would be helpful.

But, if you simply stuffed those hidden areas to the left and right of the mains with fiberglass batting (maybe even the area above the TV) it would be more effective at absorbing bass and not have any impact on the look of the room. Bass is naturally concentrated in nooks, cavities, and corners like that, and fiberglass batting is more absorptive than foam.

I am open for your suggestions. I assume by 'batting' you are not referring to OC 703 right.

No... just plain old insulation batting. You can get it with a very light plastic wrap from Lowe's which will reduce any stray fiberglass floating out into the room's air. You only need a means to hold it in place, which is very easy to do, and something to hide it, like a black burlap.

I would build a simple frame from the back of the front "window wall" to the front of the real back wall and stuff the fiberglass behind it. Then you could easily use Velcro or some other simple holding device the get the fabric in place to hide it. If you could fill all the unseen space behind the front window wall with fiberglass, it would absorb significant amounts of bass out of the room and tighten up the performance of your subs.

Didn't you do exactly this in your drum room? Repost that photo as it may give him ideas.

OK @bmwuk I didn't know the photos were not showing. I haven't looked at this thread in some time. I posted a link (first post) that should work. If not let me know.
Yeah I am just getting caught up a bunch with many of the posts. Thanks for sharing and very cool indeed

Back