• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mandalorian discussion thread!

Any Breaking Bad fans here? I think it's cool that the guy who played Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) plays Moff Gideon in this.

I found it strange that he was basically the same character in both.

And this scene, I knew that bar table looked familiar...

So here is a speculative question. Why is baby Yoda so valuable? He seems to be considered an asset similar to what River Tam was in the Firefly series. I wonder if the source of the interest in baby Yoda is the Sith.

So here is a speculative question. Why is baby Yoda so valuable? He seems to be considered an asset similar to what River Tam was in the Firefly series. I wonder if the source of the interest in baby Yoda is the Sith.

One thought is that he’s the potential “balance” these Sith and Jedi are always rambling about (His age happens to align with Vader’s) and Palapatine needs him as part of his plan to return.

Palapatine needs him as part of his plan to return.
Wait but Palpatine is dead at the time of this series, no? Doesn't this take place after Return of the Jedi?

From a google search:

Favreau has said that The Mandalorian is set five years after the fall of the Empire in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) and 25 years before the rise of the First Order, the authoritarian regime that is firmly in control of the galaxy when Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015) begins.

But I can certainly see the remains of the Empire trying to come back from the ashes with a force-sensitive leader after "turning" baby Yoda. (The little dude really needs his own name; assuming it's even a boy, we don't even know that for sure - who knows how sexes work in this species...)

Or are you hinting at something revealed in episode 9? If so, don't say any more, I haven't seen it yet. ;)

Wait but Palpatine is dead at the time of this series, no? Doesn't this take place after Return of the Jedi?

From a google search:

But I can certainly see the remains of the Empire trying to come back from the ashes with a force-sensitive leader after "turning" baby Yoda. (The little dude really needs his own name; assuming it's even a boy, we don't even know that for sure - who knows how sexes work in this species...)
I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I wouldn't search too hard on this subject until you've seen Rise of Skywalker.

Well thanks, that answers my question. Spoiler alerts, dudes. :mad:

Ok thanks, I was pretty mad there for a minute, I admit.

You’d have gotten over it once you see the movie and realized you were being a drama queen.

I was trying to be as delicate as I could and not give anything away, sorry if I got you riled up Pauly. But I will tell you this, Darth Vader dies in Rise of Skywalker. :moon:

So every good series has to have a character that captures the attention and of course here its baby Yoda. But for me (and this is melancholy) it was IG-88/11. Ever since ESB I have been curious how effective an assassin droid could be. I was actually impressed by its logic processing.

Back