• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mandalorian discussion thread!

So every good series has to have a character that captures the attention and of course here its baby Yoda. But for me (and this is melancholy) it was IG-88/11. Ever since ESB I have been curious how effective an assassin droid could be. I was actually impressed by its logic processing.

I agree
IG was a very cool character twist that I didn’t see coming. I wish we could see more of him.

FYI, according to the series creator, Jon Favreau, "Baby Yoda" is not the Yoda we all know.

Favreau Interview
Because of the timeline of Mandalorian I don't think that was ever in question. The frustrating (or appealing) thing is there is no known name for the species. Now we just refer to them as the Yoda species and that is why its baby Yoda.

But I can certainly see the remains of the Empire trying to come back from the ashes with a force-sensitive leader after "turning" baby Yoda. (The little dude really needs his own name; assuming it's even a boy, we don't even know that for sure - who knows how sexes work in this species...)

Remember in A New Hope the admirals were talking about how the Force is a superstition... and they'd have been plenty old enough to remember the Jedi. Han Solo referred to the Jedi as a hokey old religion. So I think it's realistic that they heard The Child (the official name of the character) has a special ability and they're trying to sort out what it is and how they can exploit it.

I think the Star Wars universe has people with major memory problems. They can't remember significant events if they were more than a few short years before.

New episodes to see some old characters

And since we are now in the 'minutia' period where all we can really talk about is speculation of future episodes and rehash prior episodes I'll throw out my pet peeve.

I'm really disappointed in the Madalorian's ship. The main character should have a cooler looking ship than that. His ship literally looks like a shipping container with outboard engines welded to it.
latest

Oh and before anyone chimes in, it does not make it cooler cause it has a toilet!

New episodes to see some old characters

And since we are now in the 'minutia' period where all we can really talk about is speculation of future episodes and rehash prior episodes I'll throw out my pet peeve.

I'm really disappointed in the Madalorian's ship. The main character should have a cooler looking ship than that. His ship literally looks like a shipping container with outboard engines welded to it.
latest

Oh and before anyone chimes in, it does not make it cooler cause it has a toilet!
I think the point is for the ship to look trashy. He was struggling for jobs, didn't have much money, so I think they tried to portray him as just getting by, hence the trashy ship.

I don't know that I would call the ship 'trashy'. It doesn't look piecemeal at all I'm just referring to the design, shape, and overall elegance (lack thereof) of the ship.

To me its like imagining Knight Rider except K.I.T.T. is a box truck instead of a Trans Am.

I think the ship is built more for functionality and not for looks. It has big engines and big guns. Kind of like a space version of the A-10 Warthog.

I think the ship is built more for functionality and not for looks. It has big engines and big guns. Kind of like a space version of the A-10 Warthog.
That right there might make me change my mind as the A-10 is my all time favorite war plane.

That right there might make me change my mind as the A-10 is my all time favorite war plane.
I love the A-10. It's a bad boy that kicks butt. My favorite is the F4 Phantom. The muscle car of the sky. It proves if you put big enough engines on a brick, it will fly.

I think the huge central structure is also utilitarian? I may remember wrong but weren't there holding sells inside the ship? He is a bounty hunter and needs someplace to hold his captures while traveling. Also some might be a bit large

I think the huge central structure is also utilitarian? I may remember wrong but weren't there holding sells inside the ship? He is a bounty hunter and needs someplace to hold his captures while traveling. Also some might be a bit large

True and they take up more room because they are locked in carbonite.

I love the A-10. It's a bad boy that kicks butt. My favorite is the F4 Phantom. The muscle car of the sky. It proves if you put big enough engines on a brick, it will fly.
Dude, its almost scary how we think alike on this particular vein. As a young'un I used to build F4 models. Thought it was the coolest looking plane. I also liked the A6 Intruder. That teardrop fuselage did it for me.

I don't know that I would call the ship 'trashy'. It doesn't look piecemeal at all I'm just referring to the design, shape, and overall elegance (lack thereof) of the ship.

To me its like imagining Knight Rider except K.I.T.T. is a box truck instead of a Trans Am.
Uh HELLO! Goliath!!!
1579718368366.png

I've been watching Disney Gallery The Mandolorianon D+ .

just finished so 4 on the technology used to make the series. They use very little if any greenscreens but instead have developed tech the idea "video walls" to create the scenes. Unlike greenscreen the director and actors can see and interact with the whole scene in real time.

I can't explain it very well but if you can watch it. The future of movie/video production

Back