• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Marvel Luke Cage on NETFLIX

Tennant has been a shining star of British acting from way back when he was doing costume dramas. I strongly recommend just about every program he has been associated with.

Tennant has been a shining star of British acting from way back when he was doing costume dramas. I strongly recommend just about every program he has been associated with.
He is outstanding in the British television crime drama Broadchurch, whose Series 3 should air sometime early in 2017.

Jeff

Tennant's been in a lot of stuff, including also Broadchurch that I watched recently. He's good, can do a lot different characters. In Broadchurch though his Scottish accent was so thick I had a hard time understanding everything he said.

Oops sorry, didn't see Jeff's post above before responding. Anyway, I love Tennant, great actor. (Saw him in Dr Who as well.)

^^ I also remember him as one of Voldermort's cronies in the Harry Potter films.

Tennant's been in a lot of stuff, including also Broadchurch that I watched recently. He's good, can do a lot different characters. In Broadchurch though his Scottish accent was so thick I had a hard time understanding everything he said.

Oops sorry, didn't see Jeff's post above before responding. Anyway, I love Tennant, great actor. (Saw him in Dr Who as well.)

That's what close captioning is for. :bouncygrin:

I find I use it quite a bit with a number of British programs for that exact reason.

That's what close captioning is for. :bouncygrin:

I find I use it quite a bit with a number of British programs for that exact reason.
Indeed, I do that sometimes, too. But I generally don't like subtitles, because then I can't focus as much on the filming.

I'm only five episodes in. I like it a lot but I have to ask ... Am I the only one that sees the resemblance to the Blaxsploitation films of the seventies? Yes, I know that the series creator, Cheo Hodari Coker, and most of the writers are black but the amount of stereotyping is bordering on excessive.

I do see it, and it resembles the comics of that time, as well. I think the styling is cool.

I'll finish it this weekend! Ten episodes down.

Luke Cage, Hero for Hire was a comic book fave of mine. I have the first two issues in pristine condition that I bought new way back in 1972.

I've not looked at them to see how well the series is tracking with the comics, but it seems like they're staying pretty true.

One thing that I have noticed is that, in comparison to sister series Daredevil and Jessica Jones, the writers are really taking time to flesh out the key characters, and Luke Cage in particular. I'm thinking that it's perhaps because the character goes way way back and that a lot of folks are far less aware of him (or had never heard of him prior to Jessica Jones) than with the other two.

I have been extremely impressed by the quality of the black actors (actresses) - a few of whom I had not seen before. However I have been disappointed by Alfre Woodard. I don't know if its her acting, her character, the writing, or how she's being directed, but she's just not connecting like the others are; surprising given what an accomplished actress she is.

Jeff
I finished watching Season 2 a week or two ago and I gotta say, they should have changed the show's title to Mariah Dillard (Alfre Woodard's character).

Take my comments regarding her character / performance in Season 1 and amplify them a dozen times. I was extremely disappointed in how she became the focus of the show.

On the upside, the Bushmaster character was terrific, and extremely well played by Mustafa Shakir. There were a few other very compelling characters including Luke's father, Mariah's daughter, and Misty Knight gets more onscreen time - which was a good thing.

When the Iron Fist character appeared in later episodes I was ready to quit, however the writers seem to have taken viewer feedback to heart and have tweaked the character enough to have us warm to it. If there's a Season 2 of Iron Fist I just might watch it.

Foggy makes another crossover appearance. I wish he'd get more time.

Unfortunately Claire is absent for most of it. She's the glue that holds this part of the Marvel Universe (and literally a lot of its characters) together!

Without spoiling things more than I might have already, I did not like the conclusion to this season.

Jeff

Back