• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Measurements: Love them or Hate them

Zing said:
Yesfan70 said:
That is like going out on a blind date with a woman. You have such a great time on the date. Everything just clicks There's so much you share in common with her, and she's definitely someone you want to see again.

Then you find out she has a penis.
:text-offtopic: Speaking from experience?

LOL! Well, sometimes you have to double check and be sure of these things. So far, my wife is either good at hiding her penis, or she just never had one. Even with my bad luck, I'm betting on the latter.

They will still produce sound at <58hz, just not within that +/- 1 dB window (which is really very narrow). You'd have to see an actual graph to see just how fast it drops off below that point. But if you have a sub anyway, who cares? :laughing:

Yesfan70 said:
Most measurements are also in an anechoic chamber, so are those measurements taken from that or an average listening room?
They'd have to be taken in anechoic conditions. That's the only constant. If they were measured in a room, it would vary from room to room as well as location within that room to another location within that room. Which is all the mroe reason to only use manufacturer claims and specs as a very rough guideline because all bets are off once they're set up in your particular space. Unless of course your space is an anechoic chamber. :eusa-whistle:

Zing said:
Yesfan70 said:
Most measurements are also in an anechoic chamber, so are those measurements taken from that or an average listening room?
They'd have to be taken in anechoic conditions. That's the only constant. If they were measured in a room, it would vary from room to room as well as location within that room to another location within that room. Which is all the mroe reason to only use manufacturer claims and specs as a very rough guideline because all bets are off once they're set up in your particular space. Unless of course your space is an anechoic chamber. :eusa-whistle:

That's what I was wondering. Thanks.

Back