• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My Harmony One is crapping out

Because I only have one source component and the remote for that component can control my receiver's volume via CEC, the only thing I strictly speaking need the Harmony for is power the system on and off, unless I need to change the sound mode or deal with yet another stupid error message from my television that I don't care about. I can fire off the power-up and power-down macros via the Hub with voice commands via either Alexa or Google Assistant, so I really don't need to futz with the actual Harmony remote much at all.

No explaining stupidity. :opera:

Well I would have let you program that duck in thing then cuz I never got it to work right.

I don't remember the details but I had a Marantz Dolby Digital Ready receiver with Marantz DD outboard processor and that may have been part of the problem. I've slept since then and I had almost 0 issues with my harmony.

He'll Flint I will send you my Pronto if you are so find of them.

Sorry about that. I really didn't mean it.

Everyone has different skills. Perhaps my basic programming skills from the early days of PCs where I wrote batch files which were as long as 1,000 commands made programming the Pronto super easy for me.

I hated my Harmony One just hated it. So I went back to m Harmony 650 I have two in fact even after ten years still works great yes it sucks batteries and has to be replaced every 2-3 months but never had an issue and batteries are cheap.

Back