• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My latest speaker project: JBL L100

Wardsweb

Renaissance man
This time something a little less involved. I'm refurbishing a pair of late model JBL L100 speakers. These are the ones with the LE25 tweeter and 123A-3 woofers. They were in decent shape to begin with but after 40 years needing some TLC. I have sanded them down to 600 grit paper and sprayed a few coats of Varathane on. I will block them with some 600 and shoot a final coat. I have new foam rings on the way for the tweeters and have a foam company cutting some custom reticulated foam for the grills. I am going for a little more modern look using a flat faced foam. The originals were a sculpted foam. I may look at upgrading the crossovers, but first I will spend some time listening to them stock.

20171026_203955.jpg

One of my good buddies and dorm mates when I was in Alaska serving the good ole USAF had a pair of JBL L100t's.

Man we had some killer parties in that old dorm.

In to follow the rejuvinification.

Thanks for all the kudos guys. With my love of audio and wood working, it's a project that I will be enjoying for years to come. I do need a bigger house. I'm running out of room for more speakers.

Thanks for all the kudos guys. With my love of audio and wood working, it's a project that I will be enjoying for years to come. I do need a bigger house. I'm running out of room for more speakers.
I've got a couple of rooms that are pretty sparse. I'll store them for ya.

John

beautiful work my friend. i really wish i could send you my hh scott speakers so you can appreciate them more than i do. its being used at my sisters place - for karaoke.

beautiful work my friend. i really wish i could send you my hh scott speakers so you can appreciate them more than i do. its being used at my sisters place - for karaoke.

Ouch! no speaker should have to endure karaoke.:shocked:

Back