• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

MY LR system

Maximo

Pictures are terrible but it is the best I can do until after christmas. The good pics I took died with the corrupt memory card. No center in this setup yet, as I seem to be the only one in my family who really cares about sound so as long as I sit in the sweet spot who cares right? A cabinet for the source components has already been appropriated and the sub moved to the back left corner due to christmas tree issues. Hence after christmas I will post better pictures.
Dec10128-1.jpg

Paradigm Minot 7's, 50" 1080p LG Plasma, Infinity IL120s, LG Bluray, Wii, Onkyo 702, and Lynksys DMA-2200

Dec10130.jpg

Pic of incieling surrounds from front right of room. Also, area of future projector/cieling fan combo (yes it will happen).

Dec10133.jpg

Pic of incieling surrounds (Paradigm AMS-100's from kitchen)

Planned changes. New tv stand (maybe. Depends on what we come up with for audio rack.
New sub, some day. But right now sound travel through our house so much an SVS or HSU would just cause issues. If or when we ever move or add on to the house, things will definitely change.

Cool! Does make the surround look very clean - the polar opposite of my den with wires (double because active) that I haven't even bothered to run through the attic yet. ;)

Maximo with a properly cut piece of stained wood and some wood screws you could attach a shelf to that table that is holding up the TV and install a center speaker shelf that sits just below the table top. With that room surprised you didnt go for a drop down screen and projo, but I could do the same myself and havent/ Great look system. Too bad you have to fight the missus and kids for that sweet spot. :teasing-neener:

How do you like your in-ceiling speakers? I almost went that route...

Botch said:
How do you like your in-ceiling speakers? I almost went that route...

Look is clean, sound is good. Stilling working on the tuning. My real concern is that my LF speaker is at -4 and my RF speaker is at +1. Something ain't kosher. Either a weak amp channal, bad wire or bad speaker. Heres for hoping for a bad wire.

Maximo said:
My real concern is that my LF speaker is at -4 and my RF speaker is at +1. Something ain't kosher. Either a weak amp channal, bad wire or bad speaker. Heres for hoping for a bad wire.
My studio setup is the same way. My CD output is so hot I have the trim knobs on my mixer almost all the way down, but I have to set my power amp's Gain knobs where one channel is at 4, and the other at 8. I've lived with it for about nine years now... :shhh:

Looks great!

I think you'd appreciate the difference a CC would make if you can find a way to get one installed. I had a phantom-center setup for years and while the sound was pretty good, adding a CC made a noticeable improvement.

I'm jealous because I cant see how I'd wire rear or surround speakers in my LR. Very nice!

Looks very nice Max!! You may win the award for "Longest Time to Install a Surround System". It was worth the wait, though. Nice job!

John

xgm. You win best avatar hands down.

John. I had a 6.1 corner setup. But it was never ideal.

Thanks guys. Cneter may be after christmas.

You might want to consider if the couch and arrangement of the room would be causing the problem.

Also have you removed the sub when testing? That could impact the levels. left -4 and right +1.

My setup is not equally spaced and I see differences and have them adjusted to equal when testing.

Back