• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My Outdoor Speaker Setup (few pics)

So....................are you having any free time to listen to this setup???

Any updates?

^^ Nothing to update, but I have been listening to them whenever opportunities arise. Those times are mainly Saturdays when I got home from work. I don't work a full day, so by the time I get home, Little Man is still asleep. This gives me a good hour to wind down and play some tunes. I just plug in the Squeezebox, crack open a brew, and mellow out during that downtime.

I'm very impressed what a 100 dollars got me. The highs don't sound "veiled" or anything and the bass is a bit punchy. I don't know if that has to do with how I mounted them or not, but they sound great either way. If I had to be picky, I would like a bit more low end to them, but I think that's just the nature of the beast with outdoor speakers and big open spaces. Maybe down the road, a DIY outdoor sub could fulfill my needs. Until then, I'm happy with my purchase. They make my Saturday afternoons that more enjoyable.

Yesfan70 said:
Maybe down the road, a DIY outdoor sub could fulfill my needs.
An outdoor porch probably provides the ultimate Infinite Baffle solution. ;)

Botch said:
Yesfan70 said:
Maybe down the road, a DIY outdoor sub could fulfill my needs.
An outdoor porch probably provides the ultimate Infinite Baffle solution. ;)
Great point...........I remember when Flint was doing some measurments on my sub outside on the end of the driveway.............I was getting something from the garage & there was this low rumble happening & I told Flint to wait on the measurements due to an airliner was passing overhead....and Flint just looked at me & said that rumble was the sub...not a jet...........

Back