• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

MY remote is better than YOUR remote!

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
d0qgA.jpg

:teasing-neener:

No arguments here. :eusa-clap:

Here's hoping that Logitech will take notice and make a "Harmony 2" (The One with a built in opener).

I control my system by voice. I tell my wife what I want and she does it. Oh, and bottles are opened and delivered by voice, as well. ;)

lawdog2k said:
I control my system by voice. I tell my wife what I want and she does it. Oh, and bottles are opened and delivered by voice, as well. ;)
Is this her? :happy-smileygiantred:

mp-perfect-wife.jpg

Doghart said:
training remote

A bump to an old thread that I missed the first go around. The "training remote" cover/slip is so bad it's good! And the thing is that you just KNOW someone actually used this thing. (And, sadder, is that one day we'll all get so old and mentally feeble as to probably need one of these things, too; screaming out in our old-man voices: "This things got too many darned buttons!")

Doghart said:
training remote

No shit, but when I was still using my old Marantz remote, I had to make a layout of what button to push as when my wife would use one of the macro buttons, one component alwasy never turned on (since the freaking remote was never pointed in the right direction :roll: ) . Then she would hit the macro again which would turn everything back off, except for that one component which would turn on.

Naturally, it was 'always' the remote's fault as if it was defective or something. :roll:

Yesfan70 said:
No shit, but when I was still using my old Marantz remote, I had to make a layout of what button to push as when my wife would use one of the macro buttons, one component alwasy never turned on (since the freaking remote was never pointed in the right direction :roll: ) . Then she would hit the macro again which would turn everything back off, except for that one component which would turn on.

Naturally, it was 'always' the remote's fault as if it was defective or something. :roll:

Oh, the joy of toggles. When I was using a Marantz remote was when I learned about discrete codes for the EXACT same reason. I hate "point & pray" macros.

John

Yup, I was never able to get the macros that I needed for my system upstairs programmed correctly inot my pronto and for that reason I still have to turn everything on and set them up individually.
This was mainly a problem with my Sony VVega and watching movies in widescreen, but really frustrating.

I think it would be a damn miracle if I could just get my GF to turn off the Wii game system when she's done. No matter how many times I tell her that when the light is red that means it's off, yet daily I walk into the guest room and get to stare at a green light. I have even given her the demonstration of "Okay honey, you press this little button and keep it held down for about two seconds till the little light turns from green to red Mmmmkay" her response, "I know, I know" yet a day later I walk in and that little light is green. "Honey, can you come here a second.......do you recall that little lesson I gave you yesterday" (Rolls Eyes) "Yes" then why is the little light green?" "I don't know I pushed in the button" "Did you push it in for more than a few seconds?" "Matt, quit being an ass!!!!" (Storms out)

Literally this is my life in anything that requires doing more than one thing. I give her isntructions, she says, "I know, I Know" yet she doesnt know and I finally have to just bite my lip daily till it gets broke or starts a fire, then when something does break, she goes, "Sorry" and that I never told her not to do that, even though I can recall on at least five times that I have instructed her.

I recall when i was at Bats first GTG and she calls me long distance to ask how to turn on the master bedroom system and I say, pick up the Harmony remote and hit the button marked "Watch TV" you would think it would be that simple, right? Nope in her hands it becomes a 15 minute converstaion on how that didn't work and for me to stop raising my voice. Hence why I built the "GF system" so simple that a chimp could properly operate it first try.......only the chimp would figure out that the little red light means it's off. :violin:

MatthewB said:
I think it would be a damn miracle if I could just get my GF to turn off the Wii game system when she's done. No matter how many times I tell her that when the light is red that means it's off, yet daily I walk into the guest room and get to stare at a green light. I have even given her the demonstration of "Okay honey, you press this little button and keep it held down for about two seconds till the little light turns from green to red Mmmmkay" her response, "I know, I know" yet a day later I walk in and that little light is green. "Honey, can you come here a second.......do you recall that little lesson I gave you yesterday" (Rolls Eyes) "Yes" then why is the little light green?" "I don't know I pushed in the button" "Did you push it in for more than a few seconds?" "Matt, quit being an ass!!!!" (Storms out)
I think I know why you got just boxers for Christmas... :mrgreen:

Back