• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My Takedown Recurve Bow Build

Srvy

Well not sure this goes here or now but its DIY. Well ive been going through my photo prints and scanning them to digital and found some pics of a laminated takedown recurve bow i made. At the time i couldn't afford a 1000 dollar custom recurve so i made one. Every since i was lil boy and dad bought me my first fiberglass Ben Pearson recurve bow Ive been an archer. And i love to hunt and especially bow hunt with traditional gear. This is a bit out order as ive yet to find pictures of the limb press , glue up and cureing box oven I made. Thought id post anyway. Ive since bought a custom recurve but still have that bow and it works fine and shoots great.

Limbs and risor after been clead up of fiber glass resin and glue.
img028.jpg

img029.jpg

Limbs attached and rough shape of risor and limbs have been cut out.
img030.jpg

Centerline of bow penciled in and hand made flemish twist string has been made.
img031.jpg

img032.jpg

Limb warp that will be trued and smoothed with rattail file along edges till there uniform and even.
img033.jpg

Gluing the tips
img034.jpg

Tillering the bow checking to see if limbs pull evenly and are uniform and don't pull to side or twist.
img035.jpg

More to come as i find them if not ill take some pics of the finale product.

Yup, that's neat. I always enjoyed archery when I had a chance to try it (boy scouts, even a class in college). If I were the hunting type (which I'm not), I would definitely do it with a bow rather than a gun.

Back