• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Nagging Squeezebox problem

mcad64

This seems to have just happened recently and I don't know how to rectify it. I will start with a picture
my%20squeezebox.jpg

Under My Music (yeah its boring but that is what I called it) I have a folder called Artists and a folder called Music Folder as I assume all of you do? Right? My problem is that the two do not seem to be reconciled? Here is what I mean. Under Artists I have one folder labeled Tom Petty and one labeled Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Neither which of these have Damn the Torpedoes which I bought an dled the .flac files about a week ago. HOWEVER, when I go to the folder called "Music Folder" there is only the Tom Petty folder under which there are the correct 5 Tom Petty albums. Obviously Music Folder is an exact snap shot of my drive and what is on it.
What did I muck up or how do I get the Artists to jibe with what is in the music folder? I have scanned , rescanned, til the cows come home. If you guys can't help me I will be forced to go to the Squeezebox forums and post as a newbie, even though I have had these damn things for the better part of 3 years!! :oops:
Any ideas??
Mike

My guess is that the artist tags in the torpedoes .flac files are not set properly. I think the "Music Folder" shows directories on your disk; whereas the "Artists" or "Albums" menus are based on the tags, independent of where the file actually is on your filesystem. I would try using some application (like MediaMonkey which is free) to view and edit the artist tags in those files, then rescan - you may need to do the full "delete database and rescan everything" option, I'm not sure.

I agree. Sounds like a simple tag issue. I had a few tracks that were named properly when viewing the folder in Windows Explorer, but the metadata (tags) still showed the info as "track #" "unknown artist" etc when I would right click and select properties for a particular audio file. Simple editing with Media Monkey or similar should fix your problem.

I never thought about tags but that makes good sense. I will try Media Monkey and see if I can straighten things out!!
Thanks,
Mike

Back