• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Need CD storage rack - suggestions?

Nice offer B :handgestures-thumbup: Pauly, if you really liked a drawer unit from IKEA, a 4x8 sheet of luan would go a long way if you swapped it with the cheap fiberboard they use for drawer bottoms....

Topper - yeah that's pretty much what my current tower is, a rotating thing as tall as me with 4 columns of shelves, one per side. It works ok, but takes up a lot of space in the room, I'd rather have the more flat racks.

B - thanks, but already ordered the one above (two of them). Should do me for a while, I hope!

Bats - had to google "luan"... :laughing: If I hadn't found these already, I'd seriously be considering that dresser drawer, though it was kinda on the pricey side ($300 for the largest one). Definitely woulda stuck out more, probably woulda had to go in the living room rather than the den where space is more tight. Though it would have made a great bourbon shelf on top! I may still do that with these new ones, but they're only 9" deep and I'm worried about cats jumping up and knocking off bottles... dunno.

Got the new storage units today (love amazon prime!), just finished assembling one of them. For $109, I'm quite pleased with the quality. Yeah they're particleboard like everything else, but they're sturdy enough from what I can tell, and the quality and look of the laminate is just fine. And I was a little worried about capacity overstatements based on some of the reviews, but I think they were mainly complaining about claims on DVD capacity; I checked standard CD jewel cases and indeed it holds 504 (12 shelves of 42), exactly what the mfr stated. And the nice thing about this model is that the doors do not hold any CDs and so won't warp with weight over time; I have an old entertainment center where there's a door with a rack on it, and it has definitely sagged making the door difficult to close. That was a concern with some of the other CD storage units I looked at.

Couple of (fisheye) pics, showing the new cases, and the old tower. They look pretty nice.

Attachments

• _DSC6217.jpg
    _DSC6217.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 1,277
  • _DSC6218.jpg
    _DSC6218.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 1,277
Yeah but how do I send back my whole house?!?

Pauly, what's with the speaker wires man???? Sorry, I had to bust your balls on that one. You can do better!

WHAT!?!?! It took me a LONG time to get those wires arranged just perfectly in that "retro tech" look! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Maybe not the best lens choice to show-off the new stands.

That said... they look nice... (I think).

PaulyT said:
WHAT!?!?! It took me a LONG time to get those wires arranged just perfectly in that "retro tech" look! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Try green marker on the cable jacket. :cool:

Who needs a storage rack.?

IMG_0215.jpg

:laughing: Yeah MZ that's pretty much what my den looked like a couple of days ago...

There we go, NOW it's perfect. Fuckers.

Attachments

• wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 620
Back