• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Netflix raises prices, again.

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
As they continue to spend more and more on original content (which is necessary given Disneys clear strategy to shift all their creative content to the nascent Disney online services), Netflix and is raising prices again.

I am okay with price increase, but I am starting to seriously consider my limit. Up until now i felt their prices were lower than the value, but I am starting to feel they are closing in on overcharging me.

I have been on the fence about keeping Netflix. We don't watch it much... I know their original content is generally decent quality, but that's not what interests us about the service. This increase will likely push me off the fence. We do plan to subscribe to Disney's service (assuming it's as comprehensive as we're anticipating), but Netflix is increasingly less interesting to us.

... but Netflix is increasingly less interesting to us.

We canceled a few months ago because it was the service we used the least. What’s nice is that we didn’t end up watching more of the other services when we cut off Netflix, we just watched less TV. Now we’re considering cancelling one of the other services which I hope leads to even less TV time.

I have wondered about my NF subscription also. And my DirecTVNOW subscription.

So I decided to keep a viewng log for a couple weks to see what I send ost of my time watching.

I think a core of Prime, Hulu CBS streaming and HBO Now will be the final lineup for me.

One of the good things about canceling these streaming services is there is no penalty and you can signup again anytime with no problem.

I finally got my TiVo OTA up and running again here at the new house. I’m assessing all my subscription costs.

I'm feeling much like Flint on this one. My wife and I have pretty much been ruined when it comes to watching network TV. The watered down sterile content offered is to us unwatchable.

Towen raises a good point that really hits home. My wife and I watch way way too much TV these days. Maybe less options would get us off the couch.

One thing about Netflix for me is it gets so hard to decide what to watch. The voluminous content they have sometimes overwhelms me and I go to something else.

Guess it is part of being old.

Not liking the price hike as well, but we watch it enough to keep it as well. I agree with Mzpro, it does get hard to pick what to watch on there, not to mention there are a lot of hidden gems and Netflix isn't the best at self promoting.

Since dumping Plex/Usenet as my primary TV source, I find the shere volume of content disorienting. I'm used to a world where I read the reviews on all of the upcoming shows, pick the ones I like and have them appear in my Plex queue. Now I'm bombarded with thousands of options across my streaming services and it makes it hard to figure out what I want to watch, especially when throwing in the fact that my wife and I usually watch TV together.

Not liking the price hike as well, but we watch it enough to keep it as well. I agree with Mzpro, it does get hard to pick what to watch on there, not to mention there are a lot of hidden gems and Netflix isn't the best at self promoting.

I very much agree about the self promotion angle.

The hodge podge way they categorize and show what is available can be disconcerting. I see shows that have been in the "newly released"category that have been on NF for months.

I have wondered about my NF subscription also. And my DirecTVNOW subscription.

So I decided to keep a viewng log for a couple weks to see what I send ost of my time watching.

I think a core of Prime, Hulu CBS streaming and HBO Now will be the final lineup for me.

One of the good things about canceling these streaming services is there is no penalty and you can signup again anytime with no problem.

Yeah, we cancelled our YouTube TV account earlier this month. It’ll run out 2/8/19 and I’ll more than likely turn it back on in August/September for college football.

I love Netflix and my mom uses my login and password and she loves Grace and Frankie so I keep it more for her. I do have to say I love all the Marvel series they have and the new Umbrella Academy is awesome. I also love watching The Black List in 4K HDR so I keep it.

Back