• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

"New" 5.1 receiver

Gonna need the HD Fury Russ.

For 400.00 he could buy an entry level 5.1 HDMI equipped receiver and HD fury and be set.

Russ if your buddy just needs his Xbox connected he could just buy the HD Fury 2 and just plug his Xbox via HDMI to the HD Fury and then using the component dongle cable either to his receiver (if it has component switching) or directly to the TV. He'd have to still use an optical digital cable to the receiver for his audio. But he could still use his current receiver if he doesn't want to upgrade that. In my other post I suggested an entry level HDMI receiver as it would make it much easier connecting all his current gear (except the VCR) using HDMI and he'd get rid of a shitload of audio and video cables routing everything thru the receiver to the HD Fury and just have the HD Fury component cable hooked up to the TV.

Ya Razz that is one of the really frustrating parts of this whole thing.

I used to be an early adopter and then things went crazy and the new technologies were coming faster than one could keep up unless they were flush with cash.

I got really frustrated and kind of burned out trying to keep up and I decided I was just going to be happy with what I had. That is why I just recently replaced my Dolby Digital Ready Receiver and outboard Dolby Digital Processor with a new AVR.

Randy said:
I used to be an early adopter and then things went crazy and the new technologies were coming faster than one could keep up unless they were flush with cash.
That's why I'm a late adopter and have always been. I let the smoke dissipate and see what's really there before buying. ;)

Razz said:
funny how quickly shit becomes "out-dated"

Kids are shocked that stuff doesn't advance faster. Adults are stunned at the speed of change.

Back