1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

New Addition to the Batcave

Discussion in 'Show off your system' started by Batman, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

I recently purchased these seats from Elite HTS, the company that produced the photo that inspired my HT...The seats arrived today and I spent most of the evening setting them up. Since they are power recliners, I spliced two surge protectors into the front of my seating riser to hide any power cords. Probably doesn't meet electrical code but they are easily removed if necessary...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Batman

Hiding wiring...

Cut plug off of the surge protector cord and stripped wires...
    [​IMG]

Fed cord through face of riser and wired cord to existing outlet...
    [​IMG]

Tucked surge protector neatly under seats...
    [​IMG]

3. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

Fancy fancy! Looks you now have a seat in the center of the second row - which is really cool because that was the favored music listening position for a number of us. Was that on purpose? Or just because you now have the Bat&Batwife love seat in the center of the front row now?

4. Batman

^ Both I guess, I had enough room on that second row riser to accommodate a 3rd seat since this was a custom order. My wife complains about watching movies while separated by an armrest, which is why I ordered the loveseat configuration...The other chairs were a concession at the time due to budget, they were good seats for the price that I found them at. These seats however, were the seats I had in mind when i built the riser, so the three seats fit perfectly because I knew the dimensions of such a row of seats when going into the design....

5. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Nice additions. I just purchased a 4 seat set with the same love-seat configuration, for the same reason.

6. Batman

Well you know the saying about great minds... :happy-smileygiantred: or those of us that are pu$$y whipped :eusa-whistle:

7. -B-

-B- Well-Known Member

happy wife, happy life.....I have no wife :happy-smileygiantred:

Next time I carry an 80,000 lb chair into the land of a million steps and bumps I want credit..... :angry-tappingfoot:

8. Batman

My bad I'm usually so good at thanking my buds too, you know I'm always grateful though thanks again...

9. -B-

-B- Well-Known Member

you know I'm kiddin! I couldn't miss the opportunity. :teasing-tease:

10. MatthewB

MatthewB Grandmaster Pimp Daddy Famous

Very nice Bats and I know the exact ad you are referring to (their version of the Batcave which in their case was photoshopped, so you made their ad a reality) I love those chairs and now Tee can snuggle up with Razz as they hog those two main chairs at the next GTG. :teasing-neener:

btw you should send me those old chairs to me at your expense, you know to just take them off your hands. :handgestures-thumbup:

11. Doghart

Doghart Well-Known Member

just when I thought it couldn't get any better...

WOW, nice man!

D

12. -B-

-B- Well-Known Member

My question was...What could you possibly do for GTG 4.0? Gotta be something new to see for every trip!

13. Batman

^ guess I gotta hold up on the IB

14. Rope

Rope Well-Known Member Famous

Ahh, like could I have your old chairs? :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Very nice additon Bats! We need to get your theater in an A/V Mag, serious like a heart attack.

Rope