• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New amp needed

Of course I want the Bryston! But probably not going to happen. Speakers before power.

Thanks for the site on ATI. Will check it out. B stock is good for me.

A friend of mine has a friend who has a McIntosh MC252 he's not using anymore. Love the looks but always heard that the value for that brand is not good.

I'm not knocking Bryston, in fact I owned a Bryston 5B-ST, but you are paying a high premium for a 20 year warranty that will never be used.

Rope

Rope said:
I'm not knocking Bryston, in fact I owned a Bryston 5B-ST, but you are paying a high premium for a 20 year warranty that will never be used.

Rope

Valid point. I can get good, clean power for a lot less and save for other things.

The ATI seems great. Except that they are kind of fugly. I know - doesn't matter at all.

goaliechris said:
Rope said:

Rope

Valid point. I can get good, clean power for a lot less and save for other things.

The ATI seems great. Except that they are kind of fugly. I know - doesn't matter at all.

I replaced my 5B-ST with an ATI AT2503. In the flesh they're not that "fugly", more of an industrial look.
Parasound A21 is a true tank workhorse that's bullet proof.
Rope

Rope said:

Rope

No Rope, you are paying a high premium so you can say you bought something made in Canada!!! Make your friends say "Canada, what the hell do they make in Canada??" :teasing-tease:

goaliechris said:

Maybe you could call the Lexicon factory and order a front plate, then glue it on! :mrgreen:

mcad64 said:
Rope said:

Rope

No Rope, you are paying a high premium so you can say you bought something made in Canada!!! Make your friends say "Canada, what the hell do they make in Canada??" :teasing-tease:

I'm the first to admit Bryston makes a premium, no short cut, bullet proof, low Ohm stable amplifier. Over priced? I tend to think so. For the right price, I'd purchase another Bryston in a heart beat...Canada, Canada, Canada....

Rope

Botch said:
goaliechris said:

Maybe you could call the Lexicon factory and order a front plate, then glue it on! :mrgreen:
:text-lol:

Or, call Bryston, have them send you a Lexicon face plate.

Rope

Botch said:
goaliechris said:

Or cut out a picture of a McIntosh, glue it to the front,and put some cheap Xmas lights behind the blue parts.

Yes, for the right price I would buy the Bryston and call it a day/decade.

You're looking for a 2 channel and the website that Orb linked has an 1802 b stock for $550. That is 180 solid watts of clean power and money left over for something else.

As mentioned, the ATI's aren't really fugly in person. I really kinda like the looks of my 1505.

Unless they just go the store credit route and then obviously you will have to choose your best option there.

I would love to have Parasound or Bryston, but my ATI serves me very well for what I paid for it.

Back