1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

New Anthem AV receivers...

Discussion in 'Amplifiers & Receivers' started by Hot Monkey, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Hot Monkey

Hot Monkey Active Member

Had a (albiet brief) chance to check these out recently and they were really nice. The ARC room correction software seemed much more effective then some of the Audyssey stuff I have sampled in similarly priced models. More in line with the higher end outboard Audyssey EQ units. If I were in the market for an AV receiver in the $1500 MSRP range this would be the first I would audition. And as far as I could tell they don't give up much to their higher end processor sister models in terms of system configuration options, bass management options, ARC, etc.

Monkey

2. topper

topper Well-Known Member

ANTHEM MRX500
    [​IMG]

I presume you're referring to this model. ( $1,500 )

[ The model series includes the MRX300, 500, 700, & 900 ]

This is a very complete, classy, and capable receiver.
    Now that you've brought it to attention, if I were to purchase one in that very competitive price range I would probably lean this direction too . . . in spite of my long-standing respect for Denon. I'm sure it will turn a lot of heads.

Very, very nice. I'm impressed with what I read, and Anthem's solid reputation. ~ Thanks, Monkey.

3. Hot Monkey

Hot Monkey Active Member

I believe I was looking at an MRX500 and MRX700 ($1500 & $2000 MSRP). The lower priced ($1000?) and mega flagship ($4000?) models are coming soon I guess. I could not find much difference between the 500 & 700 models other then a few watts per channel... but the feature list seemed almost identical.

Monkey