• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Anthem AV receivers...

Hot Monkey

Had a (albiet brief) chance to check these out recently and they were really nice. The ARC room correction software seemed much more effective then some of the Audyssey stuff I have sampled in similarly priced models. More in line with the higher end outboard Audyssey EQ units. If I were in the market for an AV receiver in the $1500 MSRP range this would be the first I would audition. And as far as I could tell they don't give up much to their higher end processor sister models in terms of system configuration options, bass management options, ARC, etc.

Monkey

ANTHEM MRX500
IMG_8355.jpg

I presume you're referring to this model. ( $1,500 )

[ The model series includes the MRX300, 500, 700, & 900 ]

This is a very complete, classy, and capable receiver.
Now that you've brought it to attention, if I were to purchase one in that very competitive price range I would probably lean this direction too . . . in spite of my long-standing respect for Denon. I'm sure it will turn a lot of heads.

Very, very nice. I'm impressed with what I read, and Anthem's solid reputation. ~ Thanks, Monkey.

I believe I was looking at an MRX500 and MRX700 ($1500 & $2000 MSRP). The lower priced ($1000?) and mega flagship ($4000?) models are coming soon I guess. I could not find much difference between the 500 & 700 models other then a few watts per channel... but the feature list seemed almost identical.

Monkey

Back