• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Guy getting Rocketman speakers.

I was able to stop by mkanters' place last night after work to help him work though a few issues with his system. It turns out that one of the cross-over setting for the woofer's was boosted to high which resulted in the woofers distorting at very high SPL at extremely low frequencies.

After choosing one of the other lower settings and cutting the input gain 2dB, we cranked some bass heavy music and solved the distortion issues. We both agreed that the bass was still hot, so mkanter will adjust this setting at a later date.

After a few beers and some pizza, we cranked some more tunes. At one point, I could have sworn the sub's were on, however they were not!! Those Rocketman Speakers dig DEEP!!! The imaging and dispersion is also amazing. mkanters' room is untreated and I was surprised how clear the sound was. He did pick up some knock off OC703 and will be applying some absorption to the front wall behind the speakers.

This is a great and sometime frustrating hobby, however I was glad to be able to help mkanter out!!! I will let him speak, however I think he is extremely happy as he has made the next step to really high end speakers.

Last edited:
I know I'm pretty late to this thread, but welcome to the forums @mkanter !

I have heard Flint's previous system, which I believe was the basis for your Rocketman speakers, so I know how good they sound :)

I was able to stop by mkanters' place last night after work to help him work though a few issues with his system. It turns out that one of the cross-over setting for the woofer's was boosted to high which resulted in the woofers distorting at very high SPL at extremely low frequencies.

After choosing one of the other lower settings and cutting the input gain 2dB, we cranked some bass heavy music and solved the distortion issues. We both agreed that the bass was still hot, so mkanter will adjust this setting at a later date.

After a few beers and some pizza, we cranked some more tunes. At one point, I could have sworn the sub's were on, however they were not!! Those Rocketman Speakers dig DEEP!!! The imaging and dispersion is also amazing. mkanters' room is untreated and I was surprised how clear the sound was. He did pick up some knock off OC703 and will be applying some absorption to the front wall behind the speakers.

This is a great and sometime frustrating hobby, however I was glad to be able to help mkanter out!!! I will let him speak, however I think he is extremely happy as he has made the next step to really high end speakers.

Yea sometimes this is both a great and frustrating hobby, but sounds like you all had fun and are getting everything dialed in!

I'm glad this issue was resolved. As I mentioned to mkanter the problem had to be in the x over. These speakers sound amazing at the price point and well beyond.

Welcome to the fray @mkanter ! I have heard 2 of Flint's systems (the one that Pauly has and their successors) and both were outstanding. Hopefully this issue can get resolved so you can enjoy the system.

John

Back