• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Guy getting Rocketman speakers.

mkanter

Hi Everyone

My name is Michael and I live in south eastern Wisconsin. I’ve been looking around Audioannex for the last couple of weeks and realized that the old adage is true. The more you learn the less you know.

My current system consists of (please don’t laugh...or judge) DefinitiveTechnology front , side and rear speakers, SVS ultra center and 3 SVS powered sub woofers. Emotiva XMC-1 processor, XPA-2 amp for the fronts and XPA-5 for the surrounds and center. I also have an Oppo 203 4K Blu-ray player, an Oppo BP95 Blu-ray player and a Samsung 65” 4K tv.

I haven‘t read a lot of positive things about Emotiva here but I’ve had 0 issues with any of the amps or the processor so I’m content for now.

Movies sound great with this system but music, not so much. The fronts are BP8080, bipolar with built in 12” subs. They are obviously not the best for 2 channel music. I don’t have a dedicated listening room and that presents its own set of challenges but I’m sure I can improve my 2 channel listening with out sacrificing my home theater experience.
I purchased a set of custom speakers but haven’t taken delivery of them yet and I’m very excited to get them.

I bought a pair of Rocketmen speakers from Flint Accoustics. Is anyone familiar with them? :)

Last edited:
Welcome and congratulations on buying a really great pair of speakers. I got to hear them when I was down in Austin working with Flint on an unrelated project and those things sound fantastic.

Welcome to the party!
I've only heard good things about the Rocketmen speakers.

Am I reading that right, you have 3 powered SVS subwoofers? Which one's?

Hey mcanter, welcome!
Congrats on the new Rocketmen speakers.
I've got to say, your system is nothing to laugh at! Love that you have separates. Definitely no beginner system!
Lets hear what you think of your new speakers

welcome to the forum mkanter/michael.

one things for sure, we dont laugh at anyones speakers or setups. we're been down the road a many times, that we tend to understand every person has their own variables and needs. we try to not judge each other because of that.

btw, that setup is nothing to be ashamed of. heck beats mine in a heartbeat.

Welcome @mkanter!

Sounds like you started off with a pretty great system, and are about to experience a substantial upgrade. I personally own and am using some, well, "alpha" versions of Flint Acoustics speakers, from a while back, and they're fantastic and holding up well. Looking forward to hearing more about your experience.

Welcome to the party!
I've only heard good things about the Rocketmen speakers.

Am I reading that right, you have 3 powered SVS subwoofers? Which one's?
Yes Sir. I have 3, they are the 16-46PC-Plus powered subs. they are an older model but im very happy with them and im sure i can get them to sound better with the Rocketmans once i tweak them a bit.

Last edited:
Welcome and congratulations on buying a really great pair of speakers. I got to hear them when I was down in Austin working with Flint on an unrelated project and those things sound fantastic.
I'm hoping to get them the week after thanksgiving, I just have to find someone that get bring them from Austin Texas to New Berlin Wisconsin for a reasonable price. If anyone has any reliable shippers they can recommend I would really appreciate it.

I'm using 6 channels of amplification to drive them.
Tweeters will use an Emotiva A100, 50 watts per channel stereo amp
Mids will use 2 Emotiva XPA-100 Mono amps, 250 watts per amp. (Probably more than i need?)
Woofers will use my Emotiva XPA-2 stereo amp, 250 watts per channel.

Today Mr. Flint was adjusting the crossovers and doing all the other magical stuff he does to them. I can't wait to get them!

I've heard nothing but good things about the speakers and about Mr. Flint. As Mr. Heeman says, "he's the real deal" and i'm sure i won't be disappointed.

Welcome @mkanter!

Sounds like you started off with a pretty great system, and are about to experience a substantial upgrade. I personally own and am using some, well, "alpha" versions of Flint Acoustics speakers, from a while back, and they're fantastic and holding up well. Looking forward to hearing more about your experience.
What speakers did he make for you? Id love to see some pics of them.

So, a welcome aboard and a couple of things:

1. Quit blowin up Heeman we don't want him getting all big headed and cocky
2. Pics or it didn't happen.

So, a welcome aboard and a couple of things:

1. Quit blowin up Heeman we don't want him getting all big headed and cocky
2. Pics or it didn't happen.

wait, to clarify, hes not asking for pics of heeman..

yes, we have a little sense of humor.

:D

What speakers did he make for you? Id love to see some pics of them.
He made them for himself I guess a couple of decades ago now, then shelved them when he made another set of speakers for his HT. I've had them for ~10 years (I don't remember exactly). I'll see if I can dig up some pics, but they're MTMs, no crossovers, used in an active crossover system, with the main 3-way crossover designed by another member here @rammisframmis (who's not around much anymore unfortunately) and assembled myself. They're mid+tweet speakers; I use a couple of subs as the bass end. Plus a separate also now pretty ancient SVS sub for the LFE channel.

Back