• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New headphones?

PaulyT said:
I wouldn't worry about it. From what I can tell looking at mine, the liner/cover over the driver is a separate piece of material from what's on the inside of the rest of the cup. I think the camera angle in that pic is just showing the tiny gap between them. Even if there is a space there, I'm sure it's 100% inconsequential to the sound.

I got my T1 (and a LOT of other gear over the past years) used on Head-Fi; these people take good, almost obsessive, care of their stuff in general, and I've found them to be trustworthy. This seller has a huge positive feedback. You can use paypal which will give you buyer protection. I really don't think you'd have any reason to worry.
^^
THIS!

Rope

You bought the T1. ...... Buy the WA2. End. Game.

I have tried no less than five amps with my T1's and while they performed really great with all of them none could touch the WA2. I agree it's a lot of money, but if you have the funds it is well worth the cost of admission.

I have never heard the Valhalla or the Lyr but that is only because I do own an A2 and am so disappointed in it that I never had the urge to try another SCHIIT amp, but their Bifrost Uber is worth eve y penny.

Can't wait for your review (and to see if you too get bitten by the "I gotta try a bunch of amps and DACS" bug).

I sure would like to hear these vaunted T1's someday.

Congrats, suckychris. :music-listening:

walls said:
You bought the T1. ...... Buy the WA2. End. Game.

I have tried no less than five amps with my T1's and while they performed really great with all of them none could touch the WA2. I agree it's a lot of money, but if you have the funds it is well worth the cost of admission.

I have never heard the Valhalla or the Lyr but that is only because I do own an A2 and am so disappointed in it that I never had the urge to try another SCHIIT amp, but their Bifrost Uber is worth eve y penny.

The LYR has a solid state output (read transformer) as it pertains to 600 OHM HPs, which makes it less desireable than the Valhalla (OTL, read transformerless).

Rope

Thanks, all - really looking forward to trying them out.

Going to go ampless for awhile and see how they do.

Never owned a tube anything (other than a sock. And an inner.). A whole new world to explore maybe one day. Valhalla seems a reasonable first stop. I've read nothing bad about the Wa2.

goaliechris said:
Thanks, all - really looking forward to trying them out.

Going to go ampless for awhile and see how they do.

Never owned a tube anything (other than a sock. And an inner.). A whole new world to explore maybe one day. Valhalla seems a reasonable first stop. I've read nothing bad about the Wa2.

This is a great idea, especially because the source will be solid state with transformer.

Again, I'm not attempting to dissuade anyone from Woo products as they are great but pricey.

Rope

Seller says for 2 days in a row he hasn't been able to make it to the post office.

Starting to get annoyed/worried.

goaliechris said:
Never owned a tube anything (other than a sock. And an inner.).

:laughing:

Tubes are great for "warming up" the tone you want to get across; they're very popular with guitarists, harpists, and to a lesser extent vocalists, drummers and recording engineers. Once they've "zeroed in" on the perfect sound, and its locked down digitally, that's the sound they wanted you to hear (if I may paraphrase Dr. Waldrep).
You can then push that signal through yet another tube amplification stage, and warm it up even more; you may even prefer the sound that way...
But, it's like reaching for the salt shaker at the best restaurant in town, or adding wasabi to perfectly-prepped sushi, or cranking the bass control to your Beats headphones; you're overdoing what the "artist" intended.
FWIW.

Okay, so quick update and review. Got the T1s on Saturday. Great condition, seller is a good guy and shipped them 2 day free of charge.

The T1s? :music-rockout:
- Never had open backed HPs before. Absolutely love them.
- Great sound straight out of Mac.
- might benefit from an amp, especially for iPhone connection as really have to push the volume.
- very comfortable. My old HD280s are okay but feel like bricks compared to these.

Great news!

If they sound good on the iPhone with volume turned up, that's fine. If however, you hear distortion and the sound loses all its dynamics, you need an amp.

Either way, if you have the budget and desire, you can always buy an amp. I use one with my tablets.

Botch said:
:text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:

Pics please!
:text-+1:

And no pics of someone else's T1 headphones like Randy is about to do with the Audioengine speakers he lied about buying.

Back