• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New speakers - Revel Performa3 F206

Late to the party. My apologies. Far too late for yet another 'you suck' even though you do suck and suck hard!

JERK!

Okay some added comments. Damn I love these speakers. For what I spent and I've heard in price points higher, I couldn't have done better IMO. I still need to play a bit with speaker toe-in along with width.i am limited a bit since the walkway to my room is by the right front so I can't go too much wider. No question I could use a nice amp to really push these puppies. But the Yamaha seems to do a decent job. I just need to upgrade my Tidal to lossless or find my CDs I had to play out of my Oppo 103D.

I listened to a couple of tracks off of Stop Making Sense (one of my favorite albums) and the detail was pretty impressive.

Listening to the track "Zero" from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the beginning synth sounds we're pulsating up and down, fading in and out, and going from left to right. Man I had never heard that before. A little detail that when you hear it makes you smile.

These speakers make me want to actually sit down and listen to music again which was usually reserved for car listening (I know, not the best) .

Well these speakers may have a smaller brother to match. The Performa3 C208. My wife has hinted if I get off my lazy arse and do some small projects, that will be my reward. So away I go

After logistical consideration of the narrow footprint of my speakers and children running around the house, I opted to buy Soundocity Outriggers to widen the base of the speakers to prevent accidental tip over. This is a practical add on versus some snake oil stuff. They'll look kind of cool but I have no illusion of sound changes

After logistical consideration of the narrow footprint of my speakers and children running around the house, I opted to buy Soundocity Outriggers to widen the base of the speakers to prevent accidental tip over. This is a practical add on versus some snake oil stuff. They'll look kind of cool but I have no illusion of sound changes

Don't be too quick to pass judgement, after all veils may be lifted by this simple addition so many are missing out on.

Just wait. You'll be listening after installing the feet and you wife will rush in and ask you if you already purchased new speakers.

Just wait. You'll be listening after installing the feet and you wife will rush in and ask you if you already purchased new speakers.
That's funny after the reading the Crown post and knowing the context. Yay I finally got an inside forum joke.

I have been given the green light for the Revel C208 center channel. Super excited. But all other upgrades will be trickling out since those recent purchases have been said to be "no mas" for a year with my wife's support. I've got to start looking at the kids birthdays and wife's as well. I'd love to get a used amp for LCR but it would have to be really inexpensive. Used and almost a steal off eBay. The audio sites pretty much hold static on pricing.

Edit. They have been ordered. Due to the recent theft of my shipment of the acoustic panel, I had to request a signature on the shipment.

Last edited:
Well, the Outriggers had so om snags. First they sent the same sizes for both front and back. But Paul was cool and got a pair of the smaller sent to me after he received the larger pair.

Two nights ago, I tried to install them. The provided tap bolts were slightly smaller than the threading. After quick email responses from Harman, I bought M8 bolts from Home Depot. I'm hoping you gave them installed tonight

Truthfully, I'd be pissed off after buying top dollar speakers and accessories and having all these truly idiotic problems. I mad on your behalf.

Back