• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

new sub on its way

nats

wife gave me the funds for a new sub for xmas with a few restrictions, under 1k,and not too big since we plan on moving to a smaller place in the future,not gonna debate the retristions since last xmas she got me a 46 inch bravia,for my birthday a new pioneer 1120k reciever,so i want to keep her in the joy of giving frame of mind. the sub that looked like a no brainer in this price range is the hsu vth15.but after she saw pictures and had me show her its size it was a no go. i didnt want to repeat getting as flint calls a little noise maker again.(deftech super cube1 wich was loud enough but little definition) i only wacth a movie every 2-3 months but wacth a lot of concerts and listen to a lot of music.so i looked at subs which had a lot of those goals in mind and settled on a rythmik sealed f 15,just under 1k shipped and after seeing the dimensions of the hsu my wife thought its size was reasonable(glad i didnt show her this one first) wll let you know my impressions when i get it set up.

SUH-WEEET! :handgestures-thumbup:

I think you're going to be a happy man. :music-rockout:

Sweet purchase. You should use some of the savings to get the shift and/or caps lock keys on you keyboard fixed.

:text-bravo:

Towen7 said:
Sweet purchase. You should use some of the savings to get the shift and/or caps lock keys on you keyboard fixed.

:text-bravo:
im so lame as a one finger typer that i dont even know what you mean/what i did or didnt do right.

Capitalization. It makes sentences so much easier to read.

Back to your sub... I'm thrilled that you're getting something different. I can't wait go hear your impressions.

Towen7 said:
Capitalization. It makes sentences so much easier to read.

Back to your sub... I'm thrilled that you're getting something different. I can't wait go hear your impressions.
but then i would have to use 2 fingers,thats why my posts are usaully short==i cant wait either,should be here friday

Never heard of these? Are they new or have I lost touch? Where did you hear about them? Anyone here have any hands on?

-B- said:
Never heard of these? Are they new or have I lost touch? Where did you hear about them? Anyone here have any hands on?
they are a internet only company like svs(but budget was under 1k) serching for sub reviews especially with music first design goals i kept hearing there name come up,found much talk at the avs forum

I have heard alo about the Rythmic servo over at AVS and the people who own them love them. I am a fan of DefTech subs but only as a mid bass subs and Flint is right as a deep bass unit the DT's fail miserably. Enjoy the new sub.

Zing said:
-B- said:
I guess he can't paste links with one finger either. :eusa-whistle:

Nats' new sub here.
thanks zing,i learned how to post a picture from my camera,how do i paste? a link. also i dont know how to enter a video

nats said:
Zing said:
-B- said:
I guess he can't paste links with one finger either. :eusa-whistle:

Nats' new sub here.
thanks zing,i learned how to post a picture from my camera,how do i paste? a link. also i dont know how to enter a video

I don't know about video as most of the vid links I do are with YouTube. For pictures, first get on Photobucket.com and create an account. It's free. Then it's just a matter of downloading the pics from your camera to your computer, then uploading from your computer to your Photobucket pages. Then you just copy/paste a picture's image location from Photobucket to your posts in here.

The easiest way to post a link is to simply copy the address and paste it into your post. Like this...

http://yahoo.com

The forum software will automatically recognize the http:// and create a link. If you want custom text like Zing used you need to use the URL tags inside brackets like the example below. I had to use <> instead of [] so you can see what to do...

<url=http://yahoo.coml> Yahoo! </url>

Use brackets like these " [ ] " instead of " < > " and this is what you'll get...

Yahoo!

Instead of the custom text you can use the link smilie by placing your cursor between the " ] " and " [ " and clicking the link smilie like this...

<url=http:yahoo.com> :text-link: </url>

Again, if you use " [ ] " instead of " < > " the result will be what you see below: just the smilie which becomes a clickable link.

:text-link:

new sub was delivered at 730,i was nervous there was a delay. got it downstairs and will un box it and let it warm up some.---goodnight

Re: new sub on its way=1st impressions

first off,ive never heard a good sub in a home enviroment. so i can only compare to the def tech super cube 1 . Without any calibration, i put in armagedon to see if this sealed design would have as much impact as the dt. at first i thought "not much louder) after a while i realised it was much less rumble and way more articulate. i think the def tech was distorting trying to fill this large space at the same levels as the fronts and center, which makes sense to me now. then i put in this years crossroads concert and "thats what im talking about" i can now hear indvidual bass notes as i see them played where before it was like a loud background tone. when i got a new reciever and when i got a blueray player and went to hdmi,i couldnt really tell much of a diffrence, but now im gonna sound like an advetisement" it sounds like i got new speakers and my wife is taping her foot asking who this sonny landreth guy is"

Flint said:
From a small bass noise box to a decent loudspeaker!

Congrats!
thanks,it just sounds like the mythos 1s can now just do what there designed to do and now with a decent sub they actually sound pretty good.

I remember when I upgraded from a secrecy super cube to a "real" sub. I think my exact statement was that I bought a new sub but got new speakers (I didnt but the sub upgrade made them sound better).

Contests on the purchase.

Towen7 said:
I remember when I upgraded from a secrecy super cube to a "real" sub. I think my exact statement was that I bought a new sub but got new speakers (I didnt but the sub upgrade made them sound better).

Contests on the purchase.
towen,your contesting my purchase?? i promise,I will try to use caps.

Back