• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New XBOX 360/250G birthday present.

Hot Monkey

Finally updated my old school original (pre-360) XBOX. Got the new "slimmer" XBOX 360 as a birthday present from my wife and son (it was his idea... hmmmm... maybe not so much a present just for me). They actually got me the 4G version but after loading one game and seeing that it took up most of the available hard drive space I packed it up and returned it to Best Buy and ordered the larger 260G version. They were out of stock but have them in warehouse and will ship to me direct hopefully arriving Tuesday. In the short time I had the 4G up and running it was great. HD graphics looked really cool plus now I can stream Netflix movies and other stuff. Looking forward to messing around with it when the new one arrives.

Any particularly "must have" game suggestions are welcome. Prefer games with 2 player and/or split screen options for either versus or cooperative play with my son, nephews and/or friends.

Monkey

Small world, I just picked one up for my son's birthday. His old 360 got the red ring of death.

HM, let me know about how BestBuy follows thru. I had a VERY bad experience with them last fall.... :angry-cussingblack:

Botch,

Considering that I could not possibly have lower expectations... I have had mixed experiences with Best Buy. For example this time around my wife got a lousy recommendation to choose the 4G version for me. Of course they had the 4G in stock so they went for the quick sale. The same salesman picked out a racing game for me (Forza 3) which chewed up almost 3 of the 4 gigs of available hard drive space. So clearly my wife got lousy recommendations. But when we went back today they were very helpful and took everything back and explained that while they could not get me the 250G version quickly themselves but if I ordered it online it would ship direct no problem. Their full opening in-store order was pre-sold but they did have available inventory showing online... customer service manager pulled us around counter and showed us inventory numbers, etc. The proof is in the pudding but they did seem very apologetic and helpful today.

I'll let you know if the thing actually shows up.

:roll:

Monkey

Not bad... 250G version arrived yesterday only one day longer then promised. Got it up and running last night and stayed up way too late playing Forza 3. Graphics and sound are amazing. Similar game to Gran Turismo. Wife also got me a Halo game which I have not tried yet.

Picked up some used games cheap at local shop... all under $10... some were $6.99...

Crackdown
Bionic Commando
Soul Caliber 4
Tony Hawk something or other
Gears of War
Lost Planet

I am so far behind the new game curve I will get a lot of enjoyment out of these older titles and save some money at the same time. By the time I have worked through them the newer sequels will be available cheap/used as well. Need to find some kid friendly games, sports, baseball, etc. to play with my son.

Monkey

Back