• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Newest Pronto Config Dec2010

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
I spent about an hour this morning adding my new Sony BDP-S570 commands into my Pronto for my HT. While I was at it, I also improved my UI to better suit the way we use our HT these days. Below are some shots of the interface.

Once in the Blu Ray control screens, the most commonly used commands are locked to the physical buttons. That way I can play, pause, stop, fast forward and rewind, navigate up/down/left/right, and "enter" or "OK" all without having to turn on the backlight, thus saving battery life. I also can always mute and control the volume for the preamp no matter which control screen I am in using the hard buttons on the right. If I go into TiVO or HTPC controls, I can also change channels with hard buttons. This is probably why I get such long battery life between charges and it is why I don't feel the need for a more traditional hard button rich universal remote. 90% of the remote's use is through the hard buttons.

Attachments

• Pronto_Dec_2010_0.jpg
    Pronto_Dec_2010_0.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Pronto_Dec_2010_1.jpg
    Pronto_Dec_2010_1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Pronto_Dec_2010_2.jpg
    Pronto_Dec_2010_2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Pronto_Dec_2010_3.jpg
    Pronto_Dec_2010_3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 193
  • Pronto_Dec_2010_4.jpg
    Pronto_Dec_2010_4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 193
Thanks

I've been struggling with coming up with a usable UI for my (non Pronto) remote.

Back