• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Not sure I could...

I am weird about rides like that. I usually tell myself that I am done thrillseeking and I don't need to ride any of that crap anymore. Then, I get there and everyone is like "Oh, come on we are all going to ride it" and I do simply to appease the crowd and avoid the ridicule and I end up having a blast.

I honestly LOVE roller coasters and even though I tell myself I am not going to ride them I do and have a blast.

Went to Silver Dollar City in June and rode the new Time Traveler and it was absolutely epic. Great Ride!!!

GF screamed so loud and so much I couldn't hear anything else. Her 3 kids were in the car across from us and when I came face to face with her daughter as the car spun I almost peed my pants. I honestly haven't laughed that hard in a very long time and I cant remember having that much fun on a ride in a long time.

If I could go to a park ( I only live 40 minutes from Cedar Point) and not have to wait 2 hours or more to get on a ride at 67 I still would but the ride is not worth the wait.

I am weird about rides like that. I usually tell myself that I am done thrillseeking and I don't need to ride any of that crap anymore. Then, I get there and everyone is like "Oh, come on we are all going to ride it" and I do simply to appease the crowd and avoid the ridicule and I end up having a blast.

I honestly LOVE roller coasters and even though I tell myself I am not going to ride them I do and have a blast.

Went to Silver Dollar City in June and rode the new Time Traveler and it was absolutely epic. Great Ride!!!

GF screamed so loud and so much I couldn't hear anything else. Her 3 kids were in the car across from us and when I came face to face with her daughter as the car spun I almost peed my pants. I honestly haven't laughed that hard in a very long time and I cant remember having that much fun on a ride in a long time.

We went to Silver Dollar City a few weeks ago and I rode Time Traveler twice. Best coaster I’ve ever been on. We love everything about SDC and have gone 5 years in a row.

We went to Silver Dollar City a few weeks ago and I rode Time Traveler twice. Best coaster I’ve ever been on. We love everything about SDC and have gone 5 years in a row.

Man, I haven't been down to SDC in a long time.

But damn man, all those hills. LOL.

Its definitely good walking. The thing I don't care for about SDC is that fact that you cant see anything other than where you are so getting from one area of the park to another was difficult. We were using the map app and it wasn't great.

Right after we rode time traveler we walked around for a bit then came back and rode the old wooden coaster right next to it, reminded me of the Mine Train at Six Flags, and it was so rough on one of the corners it jerked me so hard my neck actually popped and it wasn't in an "Oh my God you are the greatest Chiropractor ever" sorta way. So my ride riding was done for the day.

I have a pretty good video clip of the GF and her kids riding the coaster that shoots you out like a cannon.

Then the kids pooped out because they were honestly only doing it for their mother.

We went to one of the Mountain Coasters down there and it was an absolute blast. I said I was going to go the whole way down without touching my brakes but I didn't. LOL

>bump<
This video is interesting to me. I read an article years ago that claimed folks like me didn't have a fear of Heights, but rather of Edges. That actually makes perfect sense to me; there's a place on one ski lift at Sandia where the terrain comes up closer and closer to the chairlifts (I could even touch my skis to the snow) and then all of the sudden you went over a cliff. It always made muscles in my lower abdomen do all kinds of contractions/convulsions, but once I was away from the edge, and just staring down 75' to bare rocks, it didn't bother me anymore, at all. Same thing on an airplane.
This video is a bit unnerving, but nowhere near as scary as the El Camino Trail, where instead of wire steps there is a rusted, wobbly plank. With Edges!
(sorry only EweTube users can see this...)

I'm sorry, it was the "El Camino del Ray" (and not rusting metal planks, but rather crumbling concrete; hope that's better):

:shocked:

Last edited:
Back