• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Now it's AC outlets?

Compared to those who claim that raising speaker cables off the floor improves sound, this isn't that far off.

Apparently some drugs can make people see sounds. It is very weird to me. I don't do drugs so I would not know the experience. Maybe this is the case here.

They really shine when you toss some special soundhound piss at one.

You ain't heard nothin till you purchase one of them there $600.00 AC power cords, and a $15,000.00 Krell amp to compliment the power cable. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Rope

*EDIT*
Oh, and don't forget to burn the amp in for at least 30 days, and the power cable, too. The sonic value just won't be there until you do the burn-in process. :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk:

Shit, I piss directly into our electrical breaker panel. Makes everything sound better..... :teasing-tease:

soundhound said:
Shit, I piss directly into our electrical breaker panel. Makes everything sound better..... :teasing-tease:
It would have to be after the jolt. :laughing:

soundhound said:

Great idea! Why waste time doing each outlet individually when you could do the whole house at once? :handgestures-thumbup:

If he wasn't such a greedy sob, he'd piss on the power grid so everyone would enjoy it.

But nooooo. He has to keep it all for himself. LOL!

"very cheap copper interconnects from wal-mart"

If the guy is admittedly using very cheap copper interconnects from wal mart, why would he give a crap what kind of outlet he plugs it into.

This guy needs an ounce or two of SH piss in a shot glass so he might have a clue.

soundhound said:

And I thought cold water was a deal breaker, sheeeeesh.

Rope

Do these guys heat their houses with $20.00 bills? They've obviously go so much cash they don't know what to do with it. What else could they be doing with their money? Retirement? Food for the poor? A private jet? Cryogenic freezing for their head?

10-08-01: Fatparrot
This may sound weird, but if you wear your hair long, pulling it back away from the ears will actually improve the sound! (Thick hair is a VERY effective sonic damper!)

LMAO!!!

No disrespect to Sansui speaker fans, but those Sansui SP-5500 cannot be the me most the neutral of speakers. So why bother with all the audiophoolery? Imagine how much improvement those wall outlets would sound if he upgraded to a pair of Dynaudio speakers. I always think of guys like this having some esoteric/tweaky monitor speaker that looks cool, but does not always have great sound.

http://www.theoldstereoguy.com/Web%20Pages/Museum.html

I think BobR is a Sanusi fan.

TitaniumTroy said:
http://www.theoldstereoguy.com/Web%20Pages/Museum.html

I think BobR is a Sanusi fan.
Wow, what a blast from the past! My college roommate had that Pioneer SX-1980, running thru a large pair of nasty-sounding but extremely efficient (ie LOUD) Cerwin-Vega's. Him playing the Telarc "1812 Overture" was the loudest thing I'd ever heard until I witnessed a Space Shuttle booster test. :scared-yipes:

P.T. Barnum was an optimist. This stupid crap is why I refuse to label myself an audiophile. It is mostly emperor's new clothes. Nobody wants to admit that they can't hear the difference for fear of appearing less astute than the guys rambling on about the amazing sense of added space or whatever drivel they are carrying on about that day. I am so sick of this stupid crap that I don't even find it funny anymore. I had some ignorant douche try to sell me a $300 HDMI cable, claiming that it made the most amazing difference in picture and sound quality. Really? It is fucking digital, dumbass. It works or it doesn't. I am so sick of these snake-oil selling shit-bag pig-fucking conmen and the effluent bullshit that flows so effortlessly from their morally bankrupt pie holes. I actually had one of these brazen dipshits try to sell me a high end phone cord to hook up a 56k modem once. I wanted to wrap it around his neck and choke him with it.

Haywood said:
I had some ignorant douche try to sell me a $300 HDMI cable,

I actually had one of these brazen dipshits try to sell me a high end phone cord to hook up a 56k modem once.
Where did these happen?

Back