• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Ohh! I'll be one of the kewl kids

mzpro5

Famous
Watching TV with Mom who was in more of her lucid periods and a commercial came on for a PS$ game. She asked me if that was a TV show and I said no it is a video game, looks neat. She wanted to know how I could play it and told her a person needs a game system. She has been bugging me about what I want for Christmas so asked me if I wanted one for Christmas. Long story short she told me to order one for myself.

Ordered a PS4 from Amazon on "Cyber Monday", got what I thought was a pretty good deal PS$ with a "Nathan Drake bundle" no idea what game that is) for $300. was delivered yesterday but one hitch - Mom says she would prefer I wait until Christmas to open it. Kind of a bummer but then again it does will make me think of when i was a kid waiting for Christmas morning. (I could defy her but what's the reason too)

Never been a real big gamer (have a Gamecude and a 1st generation Wii) so not sure if this old man has the dexterity to handle the games. :D

I will be asking you guys what games are good.

Nice! Nathan Drake is the main character in the Uncharted series of games. It is very fun. I picked up the game you are talking about when it came out. It includes remastered versions of the first 3 Uncharted games that came out on PS3 from around 2008-2012 ish. I finished the first 2 games and kinda got tired on midway through the 3rd game. It has an Indiana Jones vibe and the game plays somewhat like a movie. You might have a little learning curve figuring out the new game play style as I did as well. Play on the easiest difficulty while you figure out the mechanics. Report back after you mess around with it!

just a quick heads up tho Jeff,

The first Uncharted does get me a bit dizzy, at times, due to the greeniness of it, and because it felt so 'big' at times.

This is a great starter game package which emphasizes on one of the most important things I consider in gaming.

The experience itself. Albeit great graphics, a wonderful soundtrack etc, can emphasize and enhance the experience, it cant change a crappy story.

The Nathan Drake collection is a great introduction to the gaming console, and with patience, is a wonderful game.

One game that stands out that will be a great second game comes from the same company that brought us Nathan Drake.

- The last of us.

After these two, if you would like more games, id be more than willing to lend you a game or two. Too bad my The last of us is a digital copy.

enjoy these games first, then lets see what kind of games you may want to get in the future. :happy-smileygiantred:

congratulations on your advance Christmas gaming console.

Edit

found these threads and thought it might be a great start...

The last of us

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6906

Naughty or nice?

GTA 5

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7243

GTA 5 is a mixed bag for some people, although a bit of a steep learning curve for a non gamer, once getting used to it, will be a wonderful experience. This I have available for you to borrow if you want. which was part of my busted Gamers lending thread that Zing keeps up for my dignity. :teasing-tease:

Awesome! Yeah I've played the Uncharted series (on my old PS3), it's a lot of fun.

I forgot to mention that on also ordered "Batman Arkham Knight" ( I paid for this one) got it for $30.00.

I am lucky in that there is a video store close (Family Video franchise) they have good prices on gall movie and game rentals with a big selection so I plan on renting games before buying to see wha tI like.

i highly will dissuade you from renting the last of us.

i think its one of those games that you Have to try playing consistently, or at least in a continuum. simply because the story is That good. others, well, you can lay the controller down and pretty much get back to it like nothing happened.

i'd also try to consider what type of player you may like as well.

some like third person shooters, which is uncharted.

others like first person shooters, which gives you the point of view perspective, shooting with a reticle and scoping based on your preferences.

both can be dizzying at times, based on your orientation and your playstyle, you can adjust how fast or slow the character can move.

As I was reading your story Jeff, I wondered if your mom was going to make you wait until Christmas to open it. lol That's a pretty good gift for Christmas from your mom. A fun game that I think is on the PS, Saints Row 4, should be a good price at this point. It's similar to Grand Theft Auto, but with a bunch of quirky options and side quests. If you like western style RPG, then Bioshock Infinite is another game that is hard to put down.

I'll add another endorsement for The Last of Us. The remastered version on PS4 has great graphics and great gameplay. It's a triple A title IMO,

Just takes things slow and figure out what kind of games you like. If you buy a Playstation Network account shoot me a PM and I will add you to my friends list.

me too bro!

one thing i plan to get tho, is the extended warranty from the ps store itself. i know how we feel about extended warranties, but being first gen, this might be an option for most of us. 3 years and i bet a newer version might come out.

are you planning to go online by the way? if you do you can go wifi or hardwired. wifi doesnt go 5g bandwidth, but has a decent enough card in it. cant also use another one like em usb type kinds.

lastly, get a usb stick, so you can store your save points, just in case.

congratulations, maybe find a great game to play with your mom with....

snoopy might fit the bill,

side scrolling action, simple yet entertaining graphics, kinds like mario. single player tho, but at least she might like it.

uncharted, just made me realize it, but the wife watched or listend while i played it. she said it was a great storyline, and felt like a good book.

i think the countdown is at 20 days left?

AndySTL said:
mzpro5 said:
Question - Can you play PS3 games on the PS4?

Negative. Unless they are available to download from the PS Store. The discs won't work.

or you'd have to drop some coin on it via Playstation now (i think thats what its called), where you can 'rent' older generation games and play them on the ps4.

Which titles are you looking at if you dont mind?

I love the lego games, we have just about every one of those.

mzpro5 said:
What about the games "Destiny" and "Lego Marvel Superheroes"?

I've only played the demo of destiny, but it played out more like an online game the a first person shooter. Wasn't my cup of tea. Lego games are always fun, and my son was just playing Lego Super heroes last weekend.

Huey said:
mzpro5 said:

I've only played the demo of destiny, but it played out more like an online game the a first person shooter. Wasn't my cup of tea. Lego games are always fun, and my son was just playing Lego Super heroes last weekend.

destiny was fun, until you realize you're constantly grinding for new stuff, and pretty much gets repetitive after a while.

Skip destiny or download the demo, then buy Lego games. any one of them.

great fun game for all.

jomari said:
Huey said:
mzpro5 said:

destiny was fun, until you realize you're constantly grinding for new stuff, and pretty much gets repetitive after a while.

Skip destiny or download the demo, then buy Lego games. any one of them.

great fun game for all.

Except the Lego Hobbit game. First, it doesn't contain the 3rd movie, just the first two, and at times is a confusing game to play. Lego Avengers on the other hand, is worth every penny.

Back