• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

OK American Idol 2011 whos watching?

Dam that sucked Pia getting voted down but mostly she was good eye candy. While she has a good voice and all she just always holds a lil back almost like she is timid. Ill say she didn't deserve to go just yet many more are far worse than Pia. Paul keeps seeking trough and why Ive no idea he in my ear sucks more than any.

I disagree about Paul entirely, but thought Jacob and Stefano were clearly the worst of the night. Jacob is grossly over-rated by the judges and I find Stefano to be consistently so-so.

Really a shame about PIA, All the remaining girls (including PIA) are beautiful and can really sing. I still really like the rocker a lot, the whole group if unbelievably talented.

We missed the show on Thursday and forgot to DVR it.

I could not beleive that Pia was voted off, however we did see that she already has a record deal.

I feel this way about the show each season when something like this happens.

I hate it and will never watch it again, until NEXT WEEK. But I hate it!!

And finally Paul got the hook my opinion he should have gotten it 3 weeks ago. Did think his Porter Wagner, Gram Parsons suits were spiffy though but he didn't have the chops to fill it.

I haven't liked Stephano all season, but he really killed it this week. That style is definitely his wheelhouse and he should stick with it.

I also thought the off-screen romance between Casey and Haley really came through when they did that duet. Those two have great chemistry and sound great together. If they teamed up for a record, I'd buy it.

Randy said:
Scotty has got to go next.

Maybe I sorta was OK with him till last weds, He didn't in my ears do well with George Strait. I did notice he pulled those earplugs out mid song maybe he was having trouble with them.

Ok, so proof again that America does not get it right. Casey should still be there and Scotty or Jacob should be gone. Boo Hiss Cough Gag.

Casey Abrams was too sophisticated a taste for the average American's bland palette. The average American is just too ignorant to appreciate jazz.

My favorites were Casey, Haley and James. I've never liked Jacob and would easily pick Lauren over Scotty. I'm pretty disappointed about Casey, but the guy is brilliant, is sure to have a great career and already has a really hot girlfriend, so I can't feel too bad for him.

Casey was sent home? FINALLY! I think he should've left when he got the fewest votes the first time and I think it was a mistake for the judges to save him (I bet they were wishing they hadn't used their one-and-only save when Pia got the fewest votes).

Much like Andrew Garcia from last year, Casey impressed the hell out of me early in the competition but I think he dropped the ball in a big, big way. Scott, as you alluded to, I don't think America or American Idol is ready (or appreciative) of a throwback to old school jazz and I think it was a mistake for Casey to go down that road and force it down the collective throats of the audience, especially the pubescent tweens that do the majority of the voting.

I don't keep up with this show much over the past couple seasons, I'm curious do many of you who do, actively participate in voting? I have never called in, even when I've been blown away by a performance...

I voted for Adam Lambert last year during the final show and that was my one and only vote.

Zing said:
Casey was sent home? FINALLY! I think he should've left when he got the fewest votes the first time and I think it was a mistake for the judges to save him (I bet they were wishing they hadn't used their one-and-only save when Pia got the fewest votes).

Much like Andrew Garcia from last year, Casey impressed the hell out of me early in the competition but I think he dropped the ball in a big, big way. Scott, as you alluded to, I don't think America or American Idol is ready (or appreciative) of a throwback to old school jazz and I think it was a mistake for Casey to go down that road and force it down the collective throats of the audience, especially the pubescent tweens that do the majority of the voting.

Because God forbid that a contestant have any artistic integrity.

Batman said:
I don't keep up with this show much over the past couple seasons, I'm curious do many of you who do, actively participate in voting? I have never called in, even when I've been blown away by a performance...

I tend to vote more toward the end of the season than the beginning.

Back