• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

OK American Idol 2011 whos watching?

Jacob Lusk is finally gone. He should have been voted off WEEKS ago. I was bummed to lose Pia and Casey along the way, but I have to admit that the final four are pretty solid. I'm personally leaning toward James, but everyone is so strong at this point that it is a bit of a crap shoot.

Jacob was another one...at the beginning of the season I thought he was going to walk away with it. But the last month or so, he's been more than a little disappointing.

I predict Lauren will go next week, Hailey the week after and it'll come down to James and Scotty. Given Idol's past history, James (the better singer) will take a back seat to the country kid that looks like a young George W Bush. :twocents-mytwocents:

Pia should be here over several there now. Casey did it to himself American idol is not the place or format to force jazz down the throats of teenyboppers who text vote. Jacob Lusk could won it all if he would have listened to his mentors they kept telling him to pull back some and reign it in last 3 to 4 weeks it was awful his over singing. My wife thinks its gonna be the torettes syndrome guy I'm leaning to Scotty the country kid my dark horse is Haley.

In what universe is Lauren Alaina better than James Durban? How the hell does that make any sense at all? Seriously. This season has been FULL of WTF moments. I just hope this guy catches a break, because he is truly talented. Unbelievable. I am so pissed.

It seems to me, the best singer hasn't won American Idol in years. I've always said...this isn't a singing contest; it's a popularity contest. It's also a TV show. Which means ratings and advertising revenue dictate what happens.

Zing said:
It seems to me, the best singer hasn't won American Idol in years. I've always said...this isn't a singing contest; it's a popularity contest. It's also a TV show. Which means ratings and advertising revenue dictate what happens.

Totally Agree!!

heeman said:
Zing said:

Totally Agree!!

Yes, and who it is a popularity contest for? Teens, Tweens, and Moms with no life. They are the ones who are voting. They admitted this was a probkem when Pia got voted off. That is the show's demographic, and that is the demographic that it seems to be geared toward.

So, when the show continues to lose credibility because of stuff like that, than they will be left with only that deomgraphic watching. I have grown weary. :doh:

James should have won.

And, i should have voted for Pia! Well, somewhere other than in the shower... :naughty:

Here's to hoping that Pia, Casey and James all go on to have great careers regardless.

Haywood said:
Randy said:
And, i should have voted for Pia! Well, somewhere other than in the shower... :naughty:

:text-tmi:

:eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Gheez Haywood, with all the stuff Matt says, your gonna bust my balls about that. :teasing-tease:

The show last night was suprisingly pretty good.

The duets between the finalists and the stars was way better than I expected.

Did anyone else watch??

I did wasnt too bad was it Judas Priest and the kid that should have one was good. Wonder why Steven Tyler couldnt get Arrowsmith to back him on Dream ON. All in all was good and Scotty seems like a good kid glad he won.

The finale was great and I have to admit that Scotty was a solid, fully-developed performer almost from Day 1 (even if he never was my favorite).

Haywood said:
Randy said:
And, Pia is still riddiculously hot!!!

Yeah, but Haley is sexier.

I am not even sure how to respond to that, except a suggestion that you see your optometrist soon.

Hayley is cute and sexy but is not even in the same league as Pia.

Randy said:
Haywood said:
Randy said:
And, Pia is still riddiculously hot!!!

Yeah, but Haley is sexier.

I am not even sure how to respond to that, except a suggestion that you see your optometrist soon.

Hayley is cute and sexy but is not even in the same league as Pia.

Sexy isn't just about the body. Pia is hot. There's no denying that, but Haley's a little sexpot. She knows how to move and how to flirt and has a confidence that Pia lacks. Therefore, I find her sexier. Now, if I were looking at a still-shot centerfold, it would be Pia all the way.

I think Pia got voted off before we had a chance to fully explore her sexuality. Well, I have, but that goes back to that shower thing...

Back