1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Oppo BDP-83

Discussion in 'Source Components II' started by PaulyT, Dec 30, 2010.

1. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

Well, I put in an offer for a used 83 from Audiogon... hasn't been accepted yet, but we'll see. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

2. Orbison

Orbison Well-Known Member

Good luck, Pauly!

3. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

You deserve a preemptive You Suck so...

[​IMG]

4. PaulyT

:laughing-rolling:

Thanks! No response to my offer yet... but I guess audiogon stuff goes slower than eBay.

5. DIYer

DIYer Well-Known Member Famous

Uh, Pauly, BDP-83 is fan cooled. :?

6. PaulyT

Well basically everything is fan-cooled... just hoping it's not too loud compared to others. Anyone who owns an 83 wanna comment on fan noise?

7. Botch

Botch I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S! Superstar

I can hear it between songs. Player is still out in the open, when/if I finish my cabinet I doubt I'll hear it at all.

8. Rope

Rope Well-Known Member Famous

My 83 is located in a metal cabinet, I have never heard the fan, although I do hear it when it loads and reads a disc.

Rope

Attached Files:

9. mzpro5

mzpro5 Well-Known Member Famous

Mine is in a wooden cabinet with no front or back and I don't hear any fan noise.

10. DIYer

DIYer Well-Known Member Famous

Pauly, this may be the solution.

11. PaulyT

Thanks, yes I was thinking about exactly that notion! I would guess someone over at AVS or even Oppo tech support might also have suggestions for quiet replacement fans.

But of course, still gotta get my audiogon bid accepted... still no response. :angry-tappingfoot:

12. Rope

Rope Well-Known Member Famous

Am I missing something? Why are we concerned about a problem that may not exist, or doesn't exist?

Rope

13. PaulyT

Don't know if it exists yet. Just thinking of ways around it to be prepared. ;)

14. PaulyT

Well, I never got any response from that audiogon seller and my offer timed out. I'm pretty annoyed, but oh well I guess shit happens.

However, I've got some other new expenses to deal with - mainly an in-depth Yoga course - so I guess I'll table the bdp upgrade for now, as I don't really need it all THAT badly. But if any of you plan to upgrade your 83 for a 93, let me know. ;)