• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Oppo BDP-83

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
Well, I put in an offer for a used 83 from Audiogon... hasn't been accepted yet, but we'll see. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

You deserve a preemptive You Suck so...

gh2hack-lol-you-suck.jpg

:laughing-rolling:

Thanks! No response to my offer yet... but I guess audiogon stuff goes slower than eBay.

Well basically everything is fan-cooled... just hoping it's not too loud compared to others. Anyone who owns an 83 wanna comment on fan noise?

I can hear it between songs. Player is still out in the open, when/if I finish my cabinet I doubt I'll hear it at all.

My 83 is located in a metal cabinet, I have never heard the fan, although I do hear it when it loads and reads a disc.

Rope

Attachments

• PICT0261.JPG
    PICT0261.JPG
    500.5 KB · Views: 486
  • PICT0260.JPG
    PICT0260.JPG
    617.1 KB · Views: 486
Mine is in a wooden cabinet with no front or back and I don't hear any fan noise.

DIYer said:
Pauly, this may be the solution.

Thanks, yes I was thinking about exactly that notion! I would guess someone over at AVS or even Oppo tech support might also have suggestions for quiet replacement fans.

But of course, still gotta get my audiogon bid accepted... still no response. :angry-tappingfoot:

PaulyT said:
DIYer said:
Pauly, this may be the solution.

Thanks, yes I was thinking about exactly that notion! I would guess someone over at AVS or even Oppo tech support might also have suggestions for quiet replacement fans.

But of course, still gotta get my audiogon bid accepted... still no response. :angry-tappingfoot:

Am I missing something? Why are we concerned about a problem that may not exist, or doesn't exist?

Rope

Don't know if it exists yet. Just thinking of ways around it to be prepared. ;)

Well, I never got any response from that audiogon seller and my offer timed out. I'm pretty annoyed, but oh well I guess shit happens.

However, I've got some other new expenses to deal with - mainly an in-depth Yoga course - so I guess I'll table the bdp upgrade for now, as I don't really need it all THAT badly. But if any of you plan to upgrade your 83 for a 93, let me know. ;)

Back