• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Oppo BDP-93 Pre-release Purchase Opportunity

Patience my ass, I'm going to kill something! Now, get your damn'd priorities in order :teasing-neener:

Rope

Rope said:
Patience my ass, I'm going to kill something! Now, get your damn'd priorities in order :teasing-neener:

Rope
Yeah, really. Faceplates for the rack? Come on Bat, this isn't living room. Plus, you need some air circulation from front to back in your AV rack.

DIYer said:
Rope said:

Rope
Yeah, really. Faceplates for the rack? Come on Bat, this isn't living room. Plus, you need some air circulation from front to back in your AV rack.

I'm assuming that's so he can identify which electronics are on what shelf? :teasing-tease:

Rope

Batman said:
Very nice T7, you're practically a Dynaudio setup away from you and I having nearly identical systems...:D now stop humping my ankle ;)

The ankles are safe Bats. I can't afford your (or -B-'s) Dynaudios and I'm pretty happy with the Samsung 6900 that I have in the HT now. I'm sure the Oppo technically outperforms it but I doubt it's that significant an upgrade and I don't have a real reason to change at the moment. I was just letting those that are interested in getting the Oppo that it's now available to purchase.

Not officially but they may add it. Link
"The new player has Netflix and CinemaNow and more partners are being brought on board as we speak. [Oppo] cannot formally announce content partners until certifications are done. Based on customers inquires about networking features, Netflix has been the #1 request. Pandora is also in high demand. Apple TV is, of course, kind of exclusive so we will not be able to support it."

BDP-95-front.jpg

BDP-95-back.jpg

BDP-95-chips.jpg

It appears the Oppo 95 will be released, February, 2011.

Rope

Not that I'm remotely interested in buying one... But what is the expected asking price?

I assume, based on the price of the new 93, it should carry the same price tag as the SE, $799.00

Rope

Rope said:
I assume, based on the price of the new 93, it should carry the same price tag as the SE, $799.00

Rope

Well according to this article it may be closer to a grand.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/...blu-ray/oppo-bdp-95-blu-ray-player-first-look

From the article:

First, we should talk about price. Formally the price has not yet been set up inside sources at Oppo have confirmed that it will come in under a grand - but maybe not much. This is a bit more than the Oppo BDP-83SE which commanded $899. While owners of the BDP-83 could pay to have their players upgraded to the SE model, that isn't possible with the BDP-95 (hence the change in model number). A look at the back of both models will confirm that the 95 is not just a modified 93, it is a completely new product.

Back