• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Oppo BDP-93 Upgrade - Worth It?

mzpro5

Famous
Now I probably know the answer. I have the BDP-83 and it has given me many hours of entertainment pleasure. And there is really nothing wrong with it. Just got that "upgrade bug" we sometimes get.

So the ? - Would upgrading to the 93 be worth it? Let me say upfront I have no interest in 3D and I have the Roku XDS for streaming. Still any advantages?

Yes it would most definitely be worth it, it would improve your system in every possible way and would totally change your life.

On a completely unrelated note, how much are you selling the 83 for? :teasing-tease:

PaulyT said:
Yes it would most definitely be worth it, it would improve your system in every possible way and would totally change your life.

On a completely unrelated note, how much are you selling the 83 for? :teasing-tease:

It is already spoken for :teasing-neener:

Yes, it will be worth it. You'll notice stuff that you never knew were there before :teasing-tease:

lulimet said:
Yes, it will be worth it. You'll notice stuff that you never knew were there before :teasing-tease:

Hmmmm.... Looks like we found out who's the buyer. :happy-smileygiantred:

lulimet said:

I dunno. After he is 60. If anything he should sell the BD player, by a dvd player and save the profit for his pills....

Maximo said:
lulimet said:

I dunno. After he is 60. If anything he should sell the BD player, by a dvd player and save the profit for his pills....

ROTLOL... did i write that down properly?

hehehe...

Im with Rope tho on this one, i still have my older oppo models, and havent upgraded recently unless i needed to.

New chip CAN justify it, but i say stick with the 83 unless somethings wrong with it. You already have streaming right? what other improvements aside from the chip would you benefit from?

Back