• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Our TV Died. Let's Go Shopping.

This one could be promising. But truth be told I was really hoping one of you guys would find a 50" 5K set with Dolby Atmos 9.2 sound, HDR and built-in DVR and Xbox for around $150.

That will happen right after you get the new TV all set up and throw away the box so you can't return it.

This one could be promising. But truth be told I was really hoping one of you guys would find a 50" 5K set with Dolby Atmos 9.2 sound, HDR and built-in DVR and Xbox for around $150.

Think your gonna need Babs help to get a deal like that. Have her wear something skimpy show some cleavage and have her talk like Marilyn Monroe seducing Kennedy and she might get a better deal. My girlfriend has a guy at Kentucky Fried Chicken who has a crush on her and since she's big breasted whenever she goes there I scream at her, "show some cleavage and get us some free biscuits". Works everytime.

Just saying. ;-)

Last edited:
Think your gonna need Babs help to get a deal like that. Have hear wear something skimpy show some cleavage and have her talk like Marilyn Monroe seducing Kennedy and she might get a better deal. My girlfriend has a guy at Kentucky Fried Chicken who has a crush on her and since she's big breasted whenever she goes there I scream at her, "show some cleavage and get us some free biscuits". Works everytime.

Just saying. ;-)

Aaaaaaaaaaand there’s the MattB we all know.

If you can get to 20 miles west of Cleveland I have a preowned 55" Sammy plasma I'd be willing to haggle over for under $500. Works great and is calibrated.

When I was in Sam's club a few weeks back, they had the same tv as mine, 70" Vizio E series 4K tv, for $970. So far, I really don't have any complaints on the picture quality on mine.

The only bad thing I've heard about Vizio is that the reliability can be a bit variable, so you might want to consider a warranty. The picture quality is outstanding for the money.

The only bad thing I've heard about Vizio is that the reliability can be a bit variable, so you might want to consider a warranty. The picture quality is outstanding for the money.

Ours has been great. The only thing that annoys me is that Vizio likes to put the remote sensor in the lower corner of the screen so sometimes my Logitech Harmony won't hit it just right. Annoying as hell. Why can't these sensors be put at the top center of the display? Putting it on the bottom is just asking for problems.

I'd do something similar to Flint. Go into WalMart with your budget.
If WalMart carries Samsung, get that. If not, get the Vizio.
Not look back.

Ours has been great. The only thing that annoys me is that Vizio likes to put the remote sensor in the lower corner of the screen so sometimes my Logitech Harmony won't hit it just right. Annoying as hell. Why can't these sensors be put at the top center of the display? Putting it on the bottom is just asking for problems.

My understanding from reading a few forums is that you can get a good one or a bad one and that it is kind of a crap shoot.

Saga over.

And I did the least Zing thing I could do.

I had the $900 Sony XBR in my Crutchfield cart this morning and began to feel that new toy excitement as I'm checking out. And it was that excitement that made me realize I was buying emotionally and not rationally.

I logged out, left the office and drove straight to Wal-Mart.

A $348 Vizio now resides in my living room.

Thanks to all for the input and suggestions.

Hope it is a decent tv for you Zing. I've been somewhat surprised at the features on my Vizio, that I would consider an entry level tv.

Not a bad call. I’ve bought and installed many Vizio televisions for use at home (I have a 32” in the kitchen and a 70” in the living room) and at work (we have four in our crew room and I’m getting another as a monitor for our security cameras) and I personally have not had any real issues.

Saga over.

And I did the least Zing thing I could do.

I had the $900 Sony XBR in my Crutchfield cart this morning and began to feel that new toy excitement as I'm checking out. And it was that excitement that made me realize I was buying emotionally and not rationally.

I logged out, left the office and drove straight to Wal-Mart.

A $348 Vizio now resides in my living room.

Thanks to all for the input and suggestions.
Smart move!

Back