• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Outside system.

I later did a School Play and brought out again the 12 channels of wireless to help with the Wizard of OZ.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,391
For the music room in the new home I have started the rolling rack of gear. 24 x 48 pine top to be stained and finished. Loaded up a Behringer cybermix 8000 and 3 EV 2230 EQ's 27 band 1/3 octave.

The cybermix is a 16 channels of VCA. Computer can control volume of the signals or Mute by program control to a Midi clock or SMPTE time code. Gives me some smart control over the mixing on sound projects with my analog gear.

Attachments

• Rolling rack.jpg
    Rolling rack.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 563
rolling cart received the finished table top last night. Stained and Lacquered.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 460
Another upgrade completed. My two TL15-1 subs received new drivers.

JBL 2226.

I guess I will need to modify the front metal screens to allow for the longer excursion.

Upgraded the Behringer X32 Rack to 32 channels x 12 out. The top 4U rack is the mixer with wifi ontop and ipad to control. Not in the picture is the second 4U rack holding the S16 providing the other 16 x 4 out. This uses CAT 5e shielded to connect to the Mixer. The updated Main speakers.

The subs get one XLS 2500 amp 2400 watts, The second XLS 2500 amp goes one channel on 12's and one channel into horns. 700 watts each.
Then on the bottom is the Behringer Inuke 4-6000 4 channels at 300 watts for 8 ohm. Monitors.

Attachments

• Amp Rack.jpg
    Amp Rack.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Speakers.jpg
    Speakers.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 7
They look nice yes. The old pair of TL15-1 is a 4 cu ft box with JBL 2226 speakers in. They will take the 1200 peak also.
Would need to have another 2400 watts for that pair. I also need to mod a little because the speaker cone is hitting the screen on the front with just the 450 watt amps. These two TL15 's make a good front of the stage cardioid sub with 4 ft separation and one polarity reversed. Keeps the sub from being on Stage. They sit lower and people can see over them.

The Daneley subs would be the dream list but the price and weight.

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/products/subwoofers/tapped-horns/ 412 would be nice.

Amp rack was upgraded with a third Crown amp XLS 1500 to run the horns on top. giving 300 a side. for the horns 400 a side on the 12 inch on the xls 2500.
Leaving the subs, if split into two channel 400 a side at 8 ohm but if I add the TL15-1 to each they become 4 ohm and see 700 a side.

Will have to take out into the back yard and test to see how well the folded horn subs play along side the TL15 -1 subs ported bass reflex.
TL15-1 still need to have the grill lifted so the speaker cone does not hit the grill.

Added a Crown XLS1500 amp to run the horns. 300 a side. Amp rack is now two channel, Tri-amp. 300 for the horns 440 for the mids, and 440 or 700 for the subs. The Behringer x32 rack has an added s16 to make the mixer 32 channels input.

Attachments

• Amp Rack and Mixer racks.jpg
    Amp Rack and Mixer racks.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 5
As Pauly says the rig keeps growing. Sorry Bat, I was working a three day event Fri, Sat, and Sun at one location. The Band was doing a Reunion event and all went well. In the center is a video screen to project the lyrics for the singers because they had over 120 songs to try and learn. So a teleprompter was a big help for them. The combination of the old ported subs and the scoop subs worked very well. I was able to bring the amps settings down and prevent clipping.

If anyone does a Google maps for Gilligans Pier MD and look at the earth view you will see the sand and Crab house restaurant and Bar. Mixer was the Behringer X32 rack with a S16 digital snake for a 32 x 12 mixer. Digital drums from Roland. 2 Base players 4 guitars and two keyboards for one keyboard player. Wired IEM to the drummer. wireless IEM for a singer, Keyboards, and 1 guitar.

Attachments

• Outside system.jpg
    Outside system.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
This makes me nostalgic about my mobile disco rental rig back in the nineties. I had 4 15 inch jbls housed in 4 w boxes configuration. I was bored once and set them up in my small house and they almost brought the roof crashing down. Lol!

Over the last couple of years along with the sounds I have been working on the lights also. I received from the Wife a DJ truss that is 10 feet across in the center and two stands. I then was given by the departing sound guy another truss. I use the two legs from that as T stands in the front of the stage. I plan to buy two more stands to support the two 5 ft I truss and extend the 10 foot into a 5 - 10 - 5 truss with four legs and still have the two T's out front. I have 8 lights on two dimmer packs on top of the 10 ft truss (white blinders out to audience). 4 sound active moon lamps that have beams of colors rolling around the stage on the bottom of the 10 foot truss. On the left and right side I have one Par 56 Led RGB lamps pointed down at the Drummer. On the two T's out front is 4 par38 (top) on dimer packs Led white light, Follow the solo or lead). under the bar is two Par 64 LED RGB and one Moon light to the dance floor (color beams moving to sound). I have a small computer from Dell (and Flint) to run the DMX and control the lights Par 64, Par56, a mover (accu Spot 250). Then a manual driven DMX controller for the white lights to follow the Solo and Leads. So with the 5 foot wings on the L and R. I am thinking if the rear projection screen works I may buy the second screen and have them on each side of the band like the big stages. Using some older projectors and smaller images to help the show to be more like the music awards in the local bars. Time of setup and setup of the show and videos is the big time factors to the show. Having some fun Yes.

Attachments

• truss idea.png
    truss idea.png
    178.3 KB · Views: 5
Over the last couple of years along with the sounds I have been working on the lights also. I received from the Wife a DJ truss that is 10 feet across in the center and two stands. I then was given by the departing sound guy another truss. I use the two legs from that as T stands in the front of the stage. I plan to buy two more stands to support the two 5 ft I truss and extend the 10 foot into a 5 - 10 - 5 truss with four legs and still have the two T's out front. I have 8 lights on two dimmer packs on top of the 10 ft truss (white blinders out to audience). 4 sound active moon lamps that have beams of colors rolling around the stage on the bottom of the 10 foot truss. On the left and right side I have one Par 56 Led RGB lamps pointed down at the Drummer. On the two T's out front is 4 par38 (top) on dimer packs Led white light, Follow the solo or lead). under the bar is two Par 64 LED RGB and one Moon light to the dance floor (color beams moving to sound). I have a small computer from Dell (and Flint) to run the DMX and control the lights Par 64, Par56, a mover (accu Spot 250). Then a manual driven DMX controller for the white lights to follow the Solo and Leads. So with the 5 foot wings on the L and R. I am thinking if the rear projection screen works I may buy the second screen and have them on each side of the band like the big stages. Using some older projectors and smaller images to help the show to be more like the music awards in the local bars. Time of setup and setup of the show and videos is the big time factors to the show. Having some fun Yes.
That surely is a very nice rig. Back in the nineties led was not yet in vogue. Halogen was king. I didnt have the auto light control for my disco lights but just an improv on and off array i made myself. Your latest additional lights and future video wall project is exciting!

Watching the 2018 winter olympics closing ceremony, and the 30,000 lumen projection onto the ground, was inspirational.

Using people on roller skates as part of the art was also fun. the Pandas lighted up with LED suites.

Back