• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Panasonic BluRay player

CMonster said:
mzpro5 said:
If a BD contains BD-Java it will not resume...

DVDs and non- BD-Java BDs will resume fine but not the others.

This.
I would like to conduct an experiment. Can someone think of some titles that are known to have Java and, therefore, won't resume and then make sure a couple of those titles are on this list?

Zing said:
CMonster said:
mzpro5 said:
If a BD contains BD-Java it will not resume...

DVDs and non- BD-Java BDs will resume fine but not the others.

This.
I would like to conduct an experiment. Can someone think of some titles that are known to have Java and, therefore, won't resume and then make sure a couple of those titles are on this list?
Zing that links to a private album/list that requires a password.

Zing said:
Try it now.
Gran Torino

Batman Begins

First two I tried

Jump to say the second chapter then hit Stop, the movie will restart at the beginning.

CMonster said:
Go to http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search.php, select BD-Live under Disc Features and search. Based on a quick google search I did earlier, it sounds like BD-Java may've been enhanced recently to allow the resume functionality. Older titles that use BD-Java though definitely can't support resume.
I am finding more titles that won't immediately resume but will take you thru the previews to the Top Menu and when you select Play a prompt comes up asking you if you want to resume.

Unlike a DVD that will just start where you left off.

mzpro5 said:
Zing said:
Gran Torino

Batman Begins

First two I tried

Jump to say the second chapter then hit Stop, the movie will restart at the beginning.

I tried both Batman Begins and Grand Torino. Both were originally purchased back in '08 or '09 and both started over from the beginning after pressing the stop button just once. I even went so far as to try a few options such as powering down while the movie was playing and ejecting while the movie was playing. Each time I attempted to watch again, it started at the beginning. I guess anytime I've watched these movies (or these types of discs) I've only ever paused them for a few minutes as opposed to finishing them another night.

So since it's election season, I'm going to flip flop and take a new stance: why don't you guys just finish watching the fucking movie?!?!? :happy-smileygiantred: :eek:bscene-buttred:

mzpro5 said:
Zing that links to a private album/list that requires a password.
Apologies for this being :text-threadjacked:

If I post an image link to an image in a private folder, do you see the image?

003-2.jpg

Back