• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Panasonic VT25 Plasma Buzzzzz

Watching HD football on this set....

Like being stranded on a tropical island with a bacon-cheeseburger plant, a Margarita fountain and Angelina Jolie.

:D

D

Botch said:
Cash would be good. :teasing-neener:

Now, will there be anything else? Jeeezzz!
Rope

Attachments

• 08-20-201020100912_0021.jpg
    08-20-201020100912_0021.jpg
    739.5 KB · Views: 1,916
Doghart said:
Watching HD football on this set....

Like being stranded on a tropical island with a bacon-cheeseburger plant, a Margarita fountain and Angelina Jolie.

:D

D

And no buzzes? :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

No.... :angry-cussingblack: It's doing it again.... :angry-banghead:

I can't decide if it's distracting enough to me to want a different display format, but my general thought right now is that if the replacement set I get Saturday buzzes as well, I have about 4 weeks to figure out if I just wanna live with it, or look at other formats... probably back to LED-LCD.

Today I only heard it twice, but I constantly find myself listening for it instead of enjoying my new setup. :?

The only other 2 negative comments I have about the set is that it has one of those "smart" remotes, as did the Samsung.

1. The remote actually figures out what other componants you have and you can control them from that remote. What happens though is every time I turn on the TV, the Bluray player comes on as well.... I can't figure out how to tell it not to do that because there is no programming to the remote.

The Samsung smart remote worked flawlessly, figured out my other devices and only turned on the Bluray player when I wanted it to. Just a small gripe.

2. I am using a MonoPrice 5x1 HDMI switch for all my gear. When I switch from watching a Bluray back to watching TV the TV will not handshake back to my DVR. I have to power the set off/on to get picture back. I have tried just switching inputs but it doesn't work. When I switch from TV to any other device it works fine. I think it's because the DVR takes a second or two to fire up the HDMI and the set will only wait a few seconds. I could just run a dedicated HDMI from the DVR since this set has multiple HDMI inputs, but neither the Samsung or my previous Sony had an issue with this. I could also re-program my harmony to power up the DVR and then powere the set off/on or something similar... but I shouldn't have to. :teasing-tease:

D

Yeah, that does seem like a lot of hassle for a brand new set... sorry, man.

Considering that becuase your at 5280 ft above sea level you could convert your home theater to a hyperbaric chamber and pressurize your cabin. yes joke intended.

Now I know why plasmas are so cheap. I love the picture of my plasma but it is such a PITA to have to wait for cell stabilization and worry about burn in and all that other shit. And as far as glare is concerned, unless this will bea dedicated in the dark ht display, borget it. get an LEd and be done with it man. You'll thank me later.

Maximo said:
Now I know why plasmas are so cheap. I love the picture of my plasma but it is such a PITA to have to wait for cell stabilization and worry about burn in and all that other shit. And as far as glare is concerned, unless this will bea dedicated in the dark ht display, borget it. get an LEd and be done with it man. You'll thank me later.

Cheap...??

This set was $3k....

That's not cheap for me! :D

D

Maximo said:

:laughing-rolling:

What you want to do, Doghart, is let your kids play games on your new plasma display. That will stablize the cell structure. As for reflections, don't tilt the display up, down, or to the side, just enjoy the reflective surface. Then you'll be free to bitch and complain about your new display. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Rope

Buzzing aside, have you had a chance to do anything in 3D yet? Curious of your impressions...

It came with a set of glasses and there is content on Directv, but honestly I have not even opened the goggles. :(

I am not going to buy a 3d bluray yet, I may even get a PS3 to do 3D once there are some more titles avail.

Also, aside from the buzzing I couldn't be happier, best picture I've seen on a plasma hands down.

The netflix app is getting used daily for my daughter to watch kids stuff. It's so easy to add titles during the day and then she can pick what she wants right from the menu. The PQ is pretty good, but I don't know that I would watch an entire movie myself. Things look odd when the camera pans left/right. This happens during animated or actual film streams. The sammy did it too.

D

Is that because it's stretching a 4:3 source to fill the wide screen? I've seen sets that do that by scaling the left/right of the image more than the center, but I really hated it because, as you say, if something moves off the side, it gets distorted.

No, it's not that because it will display 4:3 as 4:3 with bars on the left/right.

It's just an odd effect because the streaming can't keep up with the refresh rate?? I dunno really. I've only ever seen it when streaming netflix to an HD set.

D

New set being delivered tomorrow between 8am and 10am.....

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:
:pray:

Rope said:
Maximo said:

:laughing-rolling:

What you want to do, Doghart, is let your kids play games on your new plasma display. That will stablize the cell structure. As for reflections, don't tilt the display up, down, or to the side, just enjoy the reflective surface. Then you'll be free to bitch and complain about your new display. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Rope

I am Jack's lack of sense of humor. Take it back or I will blow out your pilot light in you condo while you are away on business.

Doghart said:
New set being delivered tomorrow between 8am and 10am.....

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:
:pray:

I'll bet two bits to a dog turd, hold the stakes in my mouth, this one doesn't buzzzzzzzzz!

Rope

Delivery guys arrived at 8:30 this morning. Gave me a little bit of guff about them not being able to un-mount and mount the new set, even though I asked about this in the store and they said it wouldn't be an issue.

Get the new set mounted and setup in a matter of minutes.

Bad news: there is a buzzing sound.....

Good news: it's extremely low and unaudible farther than 2 feet from the set in a dead quiet room.

Best news: You can only hear it when using the Netflix app. :think:

At this point I can say I think I will be happy with this set! :eusa-clap:

I still have 30 days to figure it out, but I think unless something else becomes an issue that I'll be keeping this guy.

What's really odd is that the PQ on this set seems slightly better than the previous one. It may be my imagination but I swear it!

D

I paid the same for this, it buzzes a little but I can't hear it at 80mph

701416e7.jpg

Back