• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Panasonic VT25 Plasma Buzzzzz

Doghart said:
Delivery guys arrived at 8:30 this morning. Gave me a little bit of guff about them not being able to un-mount and mount the new set, even though I asked about this in the store and they said it wouldn't be an issue.

Get the new set mounted and setup in a matter of minutes.

Bad news: there is a buzzing sound.....

Good news: it's extremely low and unaudible farther than 2 feet from the set in a dead quiet room.

Best news: You can only hear it when using the Netflix app. :think:

At this point I can say I think I will be happy with this set! :eusa-clap:

I still have 30 days to figure it out, but I think unless something else becomes an issue that I'll be keeping this guy.

What's really odd is that the PQ on this set seems slightly better than the previous one. It may be my imagination but I swear it!

D

:text-nocomment: I'm busy eating dog shit!

Rope

-B- said:
I paid the same for this, it buzzes a little but I can't hear it at 80mph

701416e7.jpg
Finally, a shot with your new Givi cases! :angry-tappingfoot:

For the rest of you, -B- and I ride the same bike, a Yamaha FZ-6, both in the faster blue color. :handgestures-thumbup: (What year's yours, -B-? Mine's an '07...)

Botch said:
-B- said:

701416e7.jpg
Finally, a shot with your new Givi cases! :angry-tappingfoot:

For the rest of you, -B- and I ride the same bike, a Yamaha FZ-6, both in the faster blue color. :handgestures-thumbup: (What year's yours, -B-? Mine's an '07...)

Mines an 06'....so I think technically yours is faster! :text-threadjacked:

-B- said:

701416e7.jpg

DAMMIT -B- when I texted you the sets I was looking at and told you about the Panny you said: "Just go get it dammit!"

Now, not only are you giving me shyte about it, you're jackin' my thread???

:eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Take that ya bastage!

:text-lol:

D

Awwlrigght, I'm sure some of you will think I am completely off my rocker but the 2nd VT25 is being exchanged today.

:cry:

I just couldn't handle the intermittent buzzing and humming. I can't even express how disappointed I am. The picture quality on this set is absolutely phenomenal, and it's almost painful to have to exchange it. Unfortunately at the altitude I'm at Panasonic won't dispatch a service tech for an intermittent buzz ( I tried more than once). :?

BB is coming today to replace the Panasonic with a 240hz LED LCD (yup, right back where I started... :angry-banghead: ).

One thing I can say is that Best Buy's customer service has been absolutely OUTSTANDING during this entire process. Kudos to them! :eusa-clap:

D

Maybe I've missed something but didn't you say earlier in this thread that you found out that a halogen light was causing the buzz? Why are you going through all the headaches with exchanging all these TVs? Why not just yank the light?

Doghart said:
We have a halogen lamp in the room, after reading your post I tried adjusting the dimmer on the lamp to see if it affected the buzz.

Nothing.

Not nothing, as in no difference... nothing as in no buzz. Not a peep from the set at all right now.

I pulled up the netflix app, the worst offender, and still no noise at all. Ugghhh.

It may be that the buzz was intermittant and not really related to the light or anything else.

No, the buzzing is intermittent. I can't narrow it down to a specific thing.

It will do it at the oddest times, then not do it for hours, then do it again for hours... :angry-banghead:

Keep in mind this is 2 different sets doing the exact same thing. It's got to be an environmental thing, but I am tired of trying to isolate it. It has just worn me down trying to figure it out.

I've even tried moving the set to a different room for a couple of days (not fun, this thing is heavy!). Same exact symptom occurs. It's got to be related to my altitude, home electrical wiring and/or quite possibly my own personal hearing.

In the post above, I thought the set had magically somehow just decided to stop the buzzing, but it returned. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

I just think that when spending that amount of money on a set, I should not be spending weeks trying to convince myself I'm going to be satisfied, sometime, eventually....

When I had the 120hz Samsung LED LCD, the only complaint I had was the odd "soap opera" like look of the picture when viewing HD material. Once I discovered I could adjust that effect or even disable it in the picture settings menu, I was totally happy with that set. But..... I had already been looking into the VT25 at that point and had decided that it would be worth it to spend another $500 and go from a 55" to a 58" and get a 3D capable set. I just never expected to be this disappointed/frustrated by that decision. Live and learn.

D

IG posted once about putting chokes on refrigerators and freezers, might as simple fix as that.
Rob

Wow that sucks I did not know that the altitude could mess with a set like that.

My wife has family in Buena vista 7965 ft, looks like no Plasma for them either!

Hopefully you will enjoy your new 240hz HD

Huey said:
IG posted once about putting chokes on refrigerators and freezers, might as simple fix as that.
Rob

I've tried unplugging fridges, ovens, even flipping breakers to the entire house. My HT is on a dedicated 20 amp circuit.

:(

D

Back