• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Pauly's Classical Piano

Botch: yeah, that piece is ALL about the wrists, while still playing all the little inner notes (it's all in groups of triplet 16th's - 6 sounded notes per quarter note, and the melody is in the quarters).

Flint: yeah right. :eek: Acutally I'm working on a piece by Granados that looks a fair bit like that - playing 5 against 6 in two hands, etc.

414292_qephlhc0-12_hp.jpg

19385122.jpg

(sorry I can't find a better picture)

Holy Cow Pauly,
That is amazing. You got some serious chops, no doubt there. I am truly inspired and I wish I had 1/10th the musical talent you have.

It must have taken years of dedication and practice and my hat is off to you. Amazing piece.

Like I said before, Flint and Pauly are one person living in two different parallel universe. Only if it wasn't for the danger of cross stream, we would see / listen to the duet album.

Thanks, Randy. I've been playing and taking lessons most of the time since I was ~5, except about 5 years in grad school and about 4-5 years after my second kid was born. That's a hell of a lot of lessons when you add 'em all up...

:eusa-clap: Bravo nicely done Pauly you and Flint and NoL are showing off the talent I aways wish I had but not the displine to do it. Just so nice must be a great feeling and so relaxing and rewarding.

Holly smokes!!!!

Super talented you sir Pauly!!!!

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

outstanding! The lady was in awe too. Super impressed to see that done with no sheet music.

BTW, the Lady loves classical, so if you have any you'd like to share she'd be very appreciative.

Thanks, gents!

-B- - you mean as in commercial recordings, or...? There's always the classical thread in this section. I'm happy to offer suggestions, too, just give me some idea of what general period/style/instruments/etc. she likes, as "classical" is pretty broad.

Deacon said:
Truly you are a gangsta of the highest degree!

:laughing-lettersrofl:

she said "I could listen to that all night" so maybe that'll help.....bring some stuff to the wedding shin dig thing or the GTG

If you are taking requests, I would like you to put on a Snidely Whiplash hat and mustache, and play the piano music when he is doing something sinister!

Wow. All I can say is wow. I didn't realize we had so many wonderful musicians on here. Bravo!

Thanks, all. Your encouragement means a lot to me.

Wow. I would have been happy with something from a Wakeman solo, but that was just impressive. :eusa-clap: And don't let the rest of the gang knock the wardrobe. I dig the classical grunge look.

"He's not playing Chopin, that's 'Smells Like Teen Stravinsky'."

On another note, if you're really taking requests, can you do the piano solo from Yes' South Side of the Sky? I wouldn't mind seeing a breakdown of that part.

WOW! Would love to sit in Radio City Music Hall in NY & listen to you play all you want.....beautiful

Back