• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Person of Interest

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
the beauty about television is the fact that it gives you one or two shows to watch every week, anticipating a show that would get you going till the next week.

the last time this happened was with Fringe for me.

this time around, its Jim Caviezel in Point of Interest.

typical espionage, im watching you government big brother stuff,

but with a touch once again of the bourne syndrome.

is it going to take my attention and grasp it like the first season of fringe?

i hope so. will it stay that way forever?

lets see.

the last time ive been convinced and loved a series started around 11 years ago, thursdays, cbs, 9-10pm.

it was called CSI.

Re: Point of Interest

i had to post my primary posting prior to my relevations, but merely because id like to see your opinions on it.

plus my netbooks batterys dying. :D

Re: Point of Interest

Dang it, joms! You confused me. I spent like 2 minutes trying to find out about this show before I discovered it's called "Person of Interest", not "Point of Interest". Those are 2 minutes that I could've spent wasting time thinking about what to have for lunch. (I'm thinking the McDouble with bacon, perhaps.) Anyway... I've never heard of this show until now. But if it makes it into re-runs I'm sure I'll get hooked at some point. Or at least become a casual fan. That's what happened to me with NCIS.

saw your posting Kazaam and well, i was rushin thru as ive said.

I changed the title to Person of Interest. hoping people notice.

Thanks for the heads up!

Oh, about NCIS, i USED to watch it too, until i got er... i even forgot at to what point i lost interest. i sadly admit that.

I think it was when Gunny was being setup or something. again. or was it when they figured out he killed his family murderers?

Anyways, ive always wanted to be a sailor. god damn color blindness.

jomari said:
Anyways, ive always wanted to be a sailor. god damn color blindness.

I never realized that could be a problem. But I googled it and apparently, at least for some folks, it can make it difficult to see if vessels are coming or going. Perhaps there is more to it than that, but I didn't read too much of it. Anyway... Learned something new today, I guess.

i think it was more or less also about little nuances that may start or end a war.

for example, some would consider 'raising the colors' - flags of a country.

- others would be flag signalling
- controls colors - red, blue, green etc...

anyways, its NOT as big of a deal as the air force, but its a prerequisite. there are also test they do to make sure you're not lying.

'this isnt a blue pen im using?'

:happy-smileygiantred:

Just saw the episode on my DVR. One of the few new shows that I loved, thought it was great. GF thought was a tad too violent for her, but I loved it.

I watched this today and really liked it.

But it is becoming a familiar story line. Like Human Target and Burn Notice you have a super spy helping the innocents and stopping the bad guys.

Nothing wrong with the formula and good entertainment.

mzpro5 said:
I watched this today and really liked it.

But it is becoming a familiar story line. Like Human Target and Burn Notice you have a super spy helping the innocents and stopping the bad guys.

Nothing wrong with the formula and good entertainment.

i hear you, i guess im hoping for something new added to this, or at least someone new to throw things off balance a bit.

i liked the throwback shown on one episode. i was curious as to a number of things
- who was the guy 'representing' the computer person?
- what happened to him?
- how will the policewoman work in the story, is she always going to be one step behind?
- why the limp on one of the protagonist?

anyways, its new enough to stir up curiousity, but hopefully done in good taste.

jomari said:
i hear you, i guess im hoping for something new added to this, or at least someone new to throw things off balance a bit.

i liked the throwback shown on one episode. i was curious as to a number of things
- who was the guy 'representing' the computer person?
- what happened to him?
- how will the policewoman work in the story, is she always going to be one step behind?
- why the limp on one of the protagonist?

anyways, its new enough to stir up curiousity, but hopefully done in good taste.

All good questions. I'm particularly interested in the back story of the "data man" and how he got that limp (which he didn't have in the falshback)

It's little things like that that keep the formula fresh and the audience interested.

The data man hinted to his accident in the first episode when he said that at one time "they" tried to stop him from continuing his research on his program. He never mentions who "they" are but I assume a botched hit team missed and screwed up his leg, I hope the series continues long enough to answer the questions. I still love the series and how the "antagonist" doesn't give a shit and will kill anyone at the drop of a dime.

Matt (who still pissed that they cancelled "Human Target" which I considered one of the best shows on TV)

Person of interest is my favorite show the the new season. Sorry to see it going up against Bones. My girl friend loves Bones. Person of Interest is great though.

Oh don't talk to me about Human Target. That was a great show. It did drop of a little the second season when they were trying to up the ratings. First season reminded me of " The wild wild West" same kind of vibe. Wow i must be getting old.

Funny thing about the latest episode - This guy has the computer power to monitor the whole city & all the people in it, but he apparently can't hack into the DMV system. He has to ask the cop to check the license plate for him to see who owns the SUV. :doh:

Orb my father was the central zone manager for the AZ DOT and he would always bitch that the computer system was so antiquated that it made DOS based systems look like 23rd century technology. Knowing how MVD operates it wouln't surprise me that he had a hard time hacking in. I did like the ATM trick he used to download and then erase the video all from the ATM. It seems that the african american female cop is getting closer to tracking down how the "man in the suit" is, wonder how that meeting is going to go?

Matt, my wife worked for the DMV in Nevada for a while. According to her, that computer database was so poorly designed & inefficient it was unbelievable. Unfortunately not uncommon for a government operation.

when they possibly wanted to 'pull a file' it meant a 3.25 floppy disk. Thats why he couldnt 'hack' into it. :happy-smileygiantred:

anyone catch it last night?

pretty interesting, albeit getting a bit bland for my taste.

nonetheless, i liked it. i liked certain scenarios, i could almost smell what the storyline was, but hey, i still kept my seat.

i just hope this doesnt turn out to be another fringe or heroes.

oh, wait. its not NBC... :happy-smileygiantred:

Back