• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Portable Wi-Fi Music Player

Snake Doctor

I am looking for a portable wi-fi, Bluetooth something that will play any on-line music source, Spotify, Sirius. Amazon, iTunes, iHeartRadio, podcasts. Any suggestions?

I am looking for a portable wi-fi, Bluetooth something that will play any on-line music source, Spotify, Sirius. Amazon, iTunes, iHeartRadio, podcasts. Any suggestions?

Literally every iPhone or android device made since 2010 checks all those boxes

If you want battery powered I’ve been happy with my Libratone Zip speaker. If you can live with a power cord I really like my Bluesound speaker. A little pricey new but can be found used.

snake doctor, what you can do is just buy a phone, install apps and connect it via wifi as you wanted.

you can go cheap and buy a line locked brand (like tracfone for example via walmart) then do that.

or go a bit bigger and get a 7 inch tablet. got one for my kids recently a lenovo m8 for 59 due to the holidays.

hope this helps.

snake doctor, what you can do is just buy a phone, install apps and connect it via wifi as you wanted.

you can go cheap and buy a line locked brand (like tracfone for example via walmart) then do that.

or go a bit bigger and get a 7 inch tablet. got one for my kids recently a lenovo m8 for 59 due to the holidays.

hope this helps.
I should have mentioned that I do not want to go the iPhone route but with a stand alone. I have a iPhone with all of the music on it, but use if for exercise and as a phone. My intent is to set the device up in a room or outside or wherever I want a little music and not drain the battery on my phone.

I should have mentioned that I do not want to go the iPhone route but with a stand alone. I have a iPhone with all of the music on it, but use if for exercise and as a phone. My intent is to set the device up in a room or outside or wherever I want a little music and not drain the battery on my phone.
no worries, i should have also suggested that this would be a completely separate phone, with no sim card at all to function simply as a music player.

I mean...I highly suggest you take an old cellphone out of a drawer that was built in the last 10 years...and connect it to WiFi and use it.
Upgrade the OS, download the necessary app...and it works like a charm.
Unless you simply don't have a phone you upgraded from in the last 10 years...I guess you'll have to go the new purchase route.

I mean...I highly suggest you take an old cellphone out of a drawer that was built in the last 10 years...and connect it to WiFi and use it.
Upgrade the OS, download the necessary app...and it works like a charm.
Unless you simply don't have a phone you upgraded from in the last 10 years...I guess you'll have to go the new purchase route.
I liked your idea so went on a hunt for an old cell phone. Actually found two, charged them, neither have a SIM card, I thought I didn’t one, but decided I was wrong. Nothing is ever easy.

I liked your idea so went on a hunt for an old cell phone. Actually found two, charged them, neither have a SIM card, I thought I didn’t one, but decided I was wrong. Nothing is ever easy.
You should not need a SIM card to use them as wifi devices.
You can’t make phone calls but other functions should work fine.

Back