• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Power Sound Audio

PaulyT said:
Tom, I've got an XS30 question for you. I'm here at Zing's house, and he's got his dual XS30's set up symmetrically next to his speakers (that is, equidistant from walls and the listening position), with the boxes angled so the front drivers face the listening position directly. But he's got one XS30 turned around, such that both amp plates are on the outside facing the walls. My question is, are the two drivers in one box working in phase with each other, or 180deg out of phase e.g. one cone is moving out and the other is moving in? If the latter, wouldn't there be some cancellation with the two placed symmetrically but now with the front-facing woofers out of phase left-vs-right?

Though, I suppose we could (and we will) do the experiment of setting the phase one one sub to 180 (with the other at zero), that would effectively do the same as turning the box around 180 degrees... Again, assuming the dual drivers are out of phase.

Is this making any sense? Hopefully you can figure out from my description what I'm trying to get at.

The drivers are in phase. That is, when driver #1 is moving outward from the enclosure....driver #2 does the same.

And as Flint noted, the phase control on the subwoofer is centered around 80hz. This is more for aligning the sub(s) with the mains. If the AVR has a distance setting, that will time delay the entire bass signal.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

BTW these are pretty killer sounding subs, Tom. Congrats!

^ I know that the 1 that I own is bad ass and kick's the XV15 ASS in my space......

Also, here is a better shot showing the contrast between American Cherry, Cordovan, and Espresso. These are just off my phone so its not professional resolution or anything---they look even better in person.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Attachments

• wv8.JPG
    wv8.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 2,562
  • wv9.JPG
    wv9.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 2,562
Power Sound Audio XV15 awarded Sound & Vision/Home Theater Mag Subwoofer Product of the Year.

Congrats Tom!

Rope

Thanks guys, the fact that we can garner a few awards here and there with practically a *zero* advertising budget means a lot to us..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Tom V. said:
Thanks guys, the fact that we can garner a few awards here and there with practically a *zero* advertising budget means a lot to us..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Amazing considering 1st year in business.

Walk softly and carry a big stick, or big sub, depending your perception.

Rope

Hi guys,

I think I've been asked to repost the links to the recent data-bass stuff. Some kind of mistake deleted the links(no worries)..:)

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=105

That is the XS15se at $799(1499 for two). Duals give you almost exactly the same extension and output as the Paradigm sub 2 at $9000. Not bad.

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=106

XV30Fse. $1499. Not bad if you don't mind the enclosure size. Actually beats the svs pb13ultra $1999)slightly. And we're made in USA versus made in china. how about that---not only can we compete...we can set the bar(in some respects)..:)

51302363.jpg

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Made in America. I love that. If I were in the market that would have an impact on my decision.

But, alas my SVS PB12 plus 2 is going to have to do for a long time.

What you need is a V.P. of Marketing. I just happen to know someone who's led marketing for a $65 Billion corporation who took said company into new markets quite successfully.

Randy said:
Made in America. I love that. If I were in the market that would have an impact on my decision.

But, alas my SVS PB12 plus 2 is going to have to do for a long time.

I believe the plus/2 subs were all built in America too. By the time they moved all production to china(2009?) the plus/2 had been discontinued.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Flint said:
What you need is a V.P. of Marketing. I just happen to know someone who's led marketing for a $65 Billion corporation who took said company into new markets quite successfully.

We haven't even begun to explore marketing, advertising, SEO, etc. So you are very correct in that we could probably benefit from dedicating more time to that when possible. Our "mission statement" per se was just to build a mousetrap so good that it would sell itself when some compared it to a like priced competitor. So far, so good.

In my experience outside consultants are often a bit out of touch with the "ground floor" realities of a relatively new ID business. Someone coming from a 65B corp would probably laugh at our model. Just like on "shark tank"....the first piece of advice would probably be...."you have to move all production to asia immediately".

Ummm, bye.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Flint said:

Looking to get back into the AV business again Mr. Flint?

TKoP said:
Flint said:

More like looking to get out of this place.

Flint said:
TKoP said:
Flint said:

More like looking to get out of this place.
Much as I am flattered by your thinking of me that way Flint, I'm really not interested in the position, and would tell PSA that if they ever called.

HOWEVER, if and when they decide to do the smart thing and locate their Canadian sales, distribution, warranty and repair operation in the Ottawa Region (for a ton of great reasons that I could get into), I would be happy to consider setting it up and managing it for them.

Jeff Mackwood
(I'm in the phone book PSA)

Back