• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Power Sound Audio

I've done several tests for the best settings using various methods. What works best for me is to do the settings in my receiver AND adjust the sub phase. I have an SVS PB12-NSD with a continuous phase control currently set at 45 degrees as a result.

I was merely curious as to what he'd recommend, but I have no plans to change it.

Thanks Rope.

Orbison said:
I've done several tests for the best settings using various methods. What works best for me is to do the settings in my receiver AND adjust the sub phase. I have an SVS PB12-NSD with a continuous phase control currently set at 45 degrees as a result.

I was merely curious as to what he'd recommend, but I have no plans to change it.

Thanks Rope.

One of the issues with low frequency settings, via the processor, and especially when using an auto setup program, it never gets it right. I set the sub at actual measured distance, then use the variable phase control.

Low frequencies sound as if they're coming from my center channel speaker when the phase is set correctly.

Rope

That's what I did too. Great minds think alike... :handgestures-thumbup:

I tried the auto setup but ended up using listening tests and my spectrum analyzer to verify the response curve. Works for me!

Hi all,

I just wanted to restate we won't be able to ship to any GTGs until early/mid August. Once we have all pre-orders(and we have 4-5 review samples to ship too) caught up we'll be more than happy to work with you guys.

Also, how about a "pass the subwoofer" for the forum? If we kept it one of the single driver models the shipping between each destination might average about $50(with some strategic planning). Would that be too much for an audition?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Thanks, Tom. I'd certainly be willing to chip in on such a pass-the-subwoofer arrangement!

Tom V. said:
Hi all,

I just wanted to restate we won't be able to ship to any GTGs until early/mid August. Once we have all pre-orders(and we have 4-5 review samples to ship too) caught up we'll be more than happy to work with you guys.

Also, how about a "pass the subwoofer" for the forum? If we kept it one of the single driver models the shipping between each destination might average about $50(with some strategic planning). Would that be too much for an audition?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom

Any chance I can drive over and demo sometime?

PaulyT said:
Thanks, Tom. I'd certainly be willing to chip in on such a pass-the-subwoofer arrangement!

pauly...just my $0.02 here. Tom V will need just one person to control where the "demo-sub" is to be shared. I would suggest that Admin and/or Moderator would control the list of demo's, dates, where unit is at any given time etc. It helps if its mapped out....no need to go east then west then back east. There was a long delay with a "pass-the-speaker" due to a young members issues at our "old home". I really got scared for awhile. But it did work out.
I'm pretty sure that Tom will want Flint to "give-it-hell" & post an honest measurment/review.
Tom isn't scared & Flint isn't either....thats one thing about Tom & his products...he will be honest & Flint is honest as well.

By the way Tom, if I remember right.....your HT was using Klipsch spearkers....is that right ?

A GTG in the fall, say around October, in a fairly central location, like...oh...I don't know...Houston or Austin...would be a fine place to demo one of these.

$0.02,

John

Hi all,

We would rather you guys handled the logistics of it all, you have more experiences. Jim and I would help as much as possible. For example if it ships 20x we might have to send out a new shipping box halfway through...stuff like that is no problem. We MIGHT even be able to refund a portion(maybe 50% ?)of the shipping cost for anyone who purchases a Power Sound subwoofer after the audition.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Hi Barney,

I tend to rotate speakers a bit. I do have huge Klipsch (KLF30s) towers along with at least 4-6 other brands...including old mts--01 system with the real tweeters, large ribbons, some DIY stuff we are experimenting with, ect.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Thanks Tom,
Well......Audioannex......Zing...your the boss......."get the show going". I would love to go visit Flint in RoundRock...maybe even bring my son to check-out his drum set while I'm there.

Hey Tom, could you let us know where you hang-out most of the time now (forum) ?

As the eastern most members, B, Pauly and I volunteer to get the ball rolling. Even though Zing or MZ are probably closer, screw them :D

Batman said:
As the eastern most members, B, Pauly and I volunteer to get the ball rolling. Even though Zing or MZ are probably closer, screw them :D

I'm in but would want to wait until I have things set up in the new house. Maybe put me at the end and I can return to Tom and Jim.

Or maybe I would buy for a discount after it has been passed around. :happy-smileygiantred:

Hi Barney, I really just have time to check for any concerns/questions about Power Sound around the internet these days. Avs, the uk forum, audioholics, here, blu-ray forum, shack, HT equip....probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

I wish I had more time to just "hang out" and bench race(on various subjects)---just not going to be in the cards for a while based on the interest in Power Sound right now.(not that I'm complaining..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

MZpro,

Sure, just give us some time to get production rolling once all inbound inventory is finally here. Sometime in the fall for example.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Tom V. said:
Hi Barney, I really just have time to check for any concerns/questions about Power Sound around the internet these days. Avs, the uk forum, audioholics, here, blu-ray forum, shack, HT equip....probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

I wish I had more time to just "hang out" and bench race(on various subjects)---just not going to be in the cards for a while based on the interest in Power Sound right now.(not that I'm complaining..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Ahhh, new start-up. Kinda like a cat on a hot tin roof trying to bury crap with the nearest dirt 40' away.

Rope

Tom V. said:
MZpro,

Sure, just give us some time to get production rolling once all inbound inventory is finally here. Sometime in the fall for example.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
That would be good for me also. Got a lot going on right now.

It's great to see you (Tom V) back in the subwoofer game again! I can't wait to hear your new creations, reminds me of the early 2000's when SVS was....you know. :)

Back