• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Prime members music unlimited

Xgm3

Amazon now has music unlimited for $7.99 a month for prime members. Or if you're a prime member you can do $79 a year. I signed up for the $79 a year and it comes with a 30 day free trial.

What does this cover beyond what we get now from Prime Music? Would you get a stand alone channel on something like a Roku where you can play all the songs in the Prime library, not just the ones you have bought from Amazon?

The "Unlimited" catalog is about 10 times larger than the "Prime" catalog.

The question in my mind is whether it supports concurrent streams. If I put an Echo in every room, can my wife and kids stream at the same time? If not, it loses appeal quickly.

The question in my mind is whether it supports concurrent streams. If I put an Echo in every room, can my wife and kids stream at the same time? If not, it loses appeal quickly.

It not clear but the help site shows three tiers;

Individual - One account on all of your devices $7.99/mo.
Echo - All the benefits of the individual plan on a single Echo, Dot or Amazon Tap
Family - All of the benefits of the individual plan for up to six family members $14.99/mo

Since they specified a separate "family plan" I'd be willing to bet that the only way to get simultaneous streams would be to subscribe to the Family plan

Crap. I was interested, because Google Play Music mainly works on mobile devices and I'm thinking about throwing a Dot in every room. I'm not sure I want to pay $15 twice though. I will have to think about it.

So I started the 30 day free trial, but I don't see if it does indeed play on the Roku. I have Amazon music channel on the Roku, which shows all of the music that I have purchased, but nothing else. Searching the web has come up with nothing as well.

I'm waiting until I finish some work around the house and then will be experimenting with Alexa with my lighting and Amazon music over Sonos. Hopefully by the beginning of November.

So I started the 30 day free trial, but I don't see if it does indeed play on the Roku. I have Amazon music channel on the Roku, which shows all of the music that I have purchased, but nothing else. Searching the web has come up with nothing as well.

I have that same issue on my fire tv. Works on my phone and PC with no issues, though.

I have that same issue on my fire tv. Works on my phone and PC with no issues, though.
It worked well on my pc when I activated it, and I can't find anything on the web about making other devices work. Guess I'll email Amazon and report back.

Looks like they don't support Roku's just yet. Here is their response.

Hello Robert,

I understand that you would like to access Amazon Music Unlimited on your Roku device.

I would like to share an information that, at this time Amazon Music Unlimited is not compatible on Roku device. I am sorry for the disappointment. Amazon Music Unlimited supports these devices :

-- Supported devices
- Listen on any of your compatible Amazon Music devices:

* Android devices
* iOS devices
* Alexa devices (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap)
* Amazon Fire TV devices (Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick)
* Fire tablets
* Computers (via Amazon Music for Web and the Amazon Music app for PC and Mac)
* Third-party speakers and sound systems that support Amazon Music ( Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Play-Fi, and HEOS devices)

-- Streaming
* Stream on one device at a time.

-- Downloading
* Download music for offline playback on compatible mobile devices (Android, iOS, Fire tablets).

However, I've passed your message to the Amazon Music team for consideration as we make future improvements. Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our products and provide better service to our customers.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you!!

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

It's be nice if Amazon would publish that somewhere. I've been looking all over the place but haven't been able to find that info.

Thanks for posting.

I have subscribed yet but I don't see Amazon Music UNLIMITED as one of the music services available on Sonos.

Only the "normal" Amazon Music app which I use regularly and has always been there.

IMG_0990_zpsxmzvnm5u.png

Looks like they don't support Roku's just yet. Here is their response.

Hello Robert,

I understand that you would like to access Amazon Music Unlimited on your Roku device.

I would like to share an information that, at this time Amazon Music Unlimited is not compatible on Roku device. I am sorry for the disappointment. Amazon Music Unlimited supports these devices :

-- Supported devices
- Listen on any of your compatible Amazon Music devices:

* Android devices
* iOS devices
* Alexa devices (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap)
* Amazon Fire TV devices (Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick)
* Fire tablets
* Computers (via Amazon Music for Web and the Amazon Music app for PC and Mac)
* Third-party speakers and sound systems that support Amazon Music ( Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Play-Fi, and HEOS devices)

-- Streaming
* Stream on one device at a time.

-- Downloading
* Download music for offline playback on compatible mobile devices (Android, iOS, Fire tablets).

However, I've passed your message to the Amazon Music team for consideration as we make future improvements. Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our products and provide better service to our customers.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you!!

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

That's odd cause it doesn't work on my Amazon Fire TV yet.

The guy has said he was forwarding my request to the higher ups, so hopefully soon, it will play on all of our devices.

Back