• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Problem w/ a Mackie

yromj

One of my HR624s has stopped working. (I use 624s for the rears.) It was taking a while to come on, and would pop until it did come on. Now, it just doesn't come on at all. I took it to a friend of Snowman_'s who does electronic repair. He said it would require parts from Mackie to repair. The closest Mackie repair center is about 3 hours away. But, given the expense of shipping and repair, plus the time involved, I came up w/ another idea.

I thought if I could buy another one, or even a pair, at a reasonable price, I would do that and then see about getting the faulty one repaired. The problem is the "reasonable price" part. Good LORD those things are STILL expensive!! Anyone have any ideas about avenues for acquiring one.

John

yromj said:
I thought if I could buy another one, or even a pair, at a reasonable price, I would do that and then see about getting the faulty one repaired. The problem is the "reasonable price" part. Good LORD those things are STILL expensive!! Anyone have any ideas about avenues for acquiring one.

John

Ebay or Craigslist.

Do you have additional detail about the "Mackie part that is needed"?

Is the failure in the Amplifier or the drivers?

I don't know the parts required but I'm certain they're part of the amp (due to the fact that the power light never comes on any more).

I think I will email the guy in Altamonte Springs. Thanks for the links Rope. I'm actually watching ebay some but I hadn't checked Amazon.

John

Back